Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #21

Don't know their preferred method, but I just gave a CC # for the deposit.

Old 08-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Don't know their preferred method, but I just gave a CC # for the deposit.
They prefer CC. Put down a deposit at 9am this morning with an estimated October 23rd completion date!
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #23

Since on the CCV subject.....If anyone needs extra CCV cushions for the penthouse bed for Eseries top 54" wide I have all for 4 available grey. Replaced them Mon. with Paco pads and a mattress topper. P/U preferred but will try and ship at whosoever expense. Thanks
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
They prefer CC. Put down a deposit at 9am this morning with an estimated October 23rd completion date!

Congrats !!! You'll love it...

Something to think about if you have the time is to plan to say in the area at least an extra day to make sure everything is good before heading home.

I picked up the van, went to the DIY car wash down the street & gave everything a good drenching. No leaks.

Then I drove around town, on the freeway, and up the canyon towards Estes Park. No creaking/moaning/shifting/weird noises.

Then I found a dirt road & did some mild off-roading. No issues.

Then I stayed in a campground a few miles from CCV and spent the night. I must have raised & lowered the top 10 times, turned the lights on & off a bunch of times & unzipped/re-zipped all 3 layers of all windows. I also tested the fan. Everything worked great.

I paid the additional cost of having the top & sides insulated. It got down to 26 degrees that night & I was fairly comfortable with just my Mr. Buddy Jr. running until it ran out sometime during the night. The van is insulted & I don't have any window coverings, which I'm sure would have made a noticeable difference.

I originally planned on staying 2 days to give myself enough time to thoroughly test everything out before making the 1,100 mile drive home. However, I only stayed 1 extra day because I couldn't think of anything else to check & everything I did check was great.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
...Something to think about if you have the time is to plan to say in the area at least an extra day to make sure everything is good before heading home...

This should be just about mandatory. Don't cut and run. Spend a day, or three, nearby and plan a contingency day or two if there are any issues. Don't wait until you get home until you find that something needs attention.

Herb
Old 08-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #26

I’m surprised to hear of the distaste for SMB penthouse tops. We have almost 100 nights in ours without a single issue - wind, rain, snow, etc. Our bodies are pretty average from a height/weight perspective; I imagine if we were any larger or longer it might not be ideal. What is so great about the CCV tops?
Joe-SLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:35 PM   #27

Derek and the team at CCV do have a great top. However, there seems to still be a bit of a challenge in their ability to answer the phone live or to return calls. Thats too bad. If you search the older posts you will see that I went through a similar challenge a few years ago and got a lot of feedback from people that had similar experience. I found a back channel to get in touch and things really improved. Id suggest that you may be out of luck if your time window for getting a top is before November but I wish you well. They really are a nice bunch over at CCV but they just seem to still have some challenges with return messaging. If you are lucky enough to get someone live, you will more than likely get all the information and appointment availability... but it may take a lot of tries to catch someone. Im sure the pandemic didn't help an already challenging situation for them.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #28

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-SLC View Post
I’m surprised to hear of the distaste for SMB penthouse tops... What is so great about the CCV tops?
Happy with our SM pop-top as well, but I think it comes down to "someone else has built a better mouse trap".
Granted, I don't know much about CCV other than whats been shared on this Forum through others: It is roomier (width & height), offers several fiberglass top sizes, good insulation options for cold weather, and IMO looks better.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
Derek and the team at CCV do have a great top. However, there seems to still be a bit of a challenge in their ability to answer the phone live or to return calls. Thats too bad. If you search the older posts you will see that I went through a similar challenge a few years ago and got a lot of feedback from people that had similar experience. I found a back channel to get in touch and things really improved. Id suggest that you may be out of luck if your time window for getting a top is before November but I wish you well. They really are a nice bunch over at CCV but they just seem to still have some challenges with return messaging. If you are lucky enough to get someone live, you will more than likely get all the information and appointment availability... but it may take a lot of tries to catch someone. Im sure the pandemic didn't help an already challenging situation for them.
Who are you responding to?
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #30

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-SLC View Post
I’m surprised to hear of the distaste for SMB penthouse tops. We have almost 100 nights in ours without a single issue - wind, rain, snow, etc. Our bodies are pretty average from a height/weight perspective; I imagine if we were any larger or longer it might not be ideal. What is so great about the CCV tops?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Happy with our SM pop-top as well, but I think it comes down to "someone else has built a better mouse trap".
Granted, I don't know much about CCV other than whats been shared on this Forum through others: It is roomier (width & height), offers several fiberglass top sizes, good insulation options for cold weather, and IMO looks better.
^^^^^ This. Also, the mechanism is stronger and the top is longer, providing a storage space up front. Lots of folks have provided excellent write-ups on why they chose the CCV tops.