Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #11

Re: Scratch Build 2005 E350 EB

That is going to be one SWEET setup by the time John is done with you. Keep the updates coming! I'm going to have to clean the drool off my keyboard after watching your upgrades but it's worth it.

There may be something wrong with me but the pictures of your upgraded brake package gives me a woodie.......did I just admit that to everyone??????

What are your plans for a pop top?

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #12

Wow that looks and sounds great...

Makes me want to finish mine soon...

I like the brakes as well but not as much as some seem to...

...Jamie
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #13

Thanks guys, and here I thought I was the only one excited about this. I’m glad to have it started and see progress but it’s going to ruin every weekend till I can pick it up staring at pictures, making list of things for the van, making lists of lists of things for the van, well you get the picture.

Gnarvan, the plans for a pop top is to get a SMB Penthouse installed in Fresno and delivered though QuadVan, doing it that way saves me enough in sales tax to get the under floor storage at least that’s how I’m rationalizing it.

Once I get it home the hard work can begin and the pace will slow down but first up is trailer wiring, tow mirrors and I’m thinking a homebuilt tire rack.
TwistedPair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #14

Another week and the work at QuadVan is almost done. Here are photos of the rear axle, storage box and fuel tank:

Having a hard time waiting for next week!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #15

I wish Transferflow weren't so fussy about those tanks, I'd love to be able to buy and install one. My puny Quigley tank doesn't go to far at 12 mpg. Very nice looking van!
witoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #16

witoke, I agree the TF tank for the F series is listed with prices on their website but the E series tanks have either nothing or a statement saying they're only available through dealers. I don't know why one is different than the other. QuadVan had them is stock but I did pay full installed price and I was about a third of the way through the build before I broke down and added it. I look forward to finding out what my actaul range is now.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #17

Here's the delivery pic:

Looks like a whole different rig, I saw it in the shop and literally had to look twice to see if it was mine.

I think Big Ole Van may be our name or BOV for short

More pics and projects to come.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedPair
... I look forward to finding out what my actaul range is now.
Are you talking about the range of your vehicle, or the range of your wallet to fill the tank? Plan on heading into the gas station a couple times, because the pump will shut off on you before that tank is filled.

Your rig is looking great.

Herb
Old 10-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by witoke
I wish Transferflow weren't so fussy about those tanks, I'd love to be able to buy and install one. My puny Quigley tank doesn't go to far at 12 mpg. Very nice looking van!
TransferFlow saw some pent up demand on theDieselStop and agreed to do a retail run:

Quote:
es, as you gentleman have mentioned, QuadVan has been the only company purchasing them at our minimum EBQ. After stumbling upon this thread and noticing the interest which may still exist for the tank, I will make the case to ownership that we schedule a limited run of these tanks and keep a few on hand. Cost for these tanks is going to be roughly $1495.00.

Please let us know who's interested!
Quote:
As msnunes has mentioned, the 46 gallon replacement tank we're offering is only for the 99-03 Quigley 4x4 diesel E-Vans (Part # 080-01-11778).

After further researching the Sportsmobile tank, it appears the fillneck installation requires considerable vehicle modification which eventually prompted them to switch to a less complicated, larger midship replacement tank. For a number of reasons (primarily liability), our engineering department will not clear this application for sale to any person or company other than Sportsmobile. We appreciate the interest and hope everyone understands our position on this particular application.

For those who are interested in the Quigly 46 gallon replacement tank, please send an email to akuck@transferflow.com for more information.

Regards,

TFI_Admin
Old 10-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #20

Wow the van really looks different and good...
So did you have to take it to SMB Fresno?
If not how did it get down and back?

...Jamie
2004 F-350 Dana 60
Ultrasport12 is offline   Reply With Quote