Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2020, 07:26 PM   #21

I do, but i was hoping to just buy a pair and be done with it since i have so many other irons in the fire right now. Its looking like i wont have a choice though. Right now im focusing on doing the 4x4 conversion.

What electric bases did you utilize in yours? I found some new low profile 6 way electric bases that will fit up inside the seat as far as needed, but they are $335 dollars each plus shipping. Thats over three times what i paid for the seats... lol

Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:39 PM   #22

I can’t remember the make but I posted in the thread that the bases cost $400 for the pair. I don’t remember them being anything special like low profile, just regular RV bases. I did have to cut out all the mounting mechanisms from the base thought to make it fit. The 6 way adjustable is the way to go for these seats though, you really need to adjust the front and back seat height separately.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 07:45 PM   #23

Ya, my current seats are flexsteel captain seats. The driver seat is 6 way electric but the electric base is huge in comparison to the ones i found online, the passenger seat is just a manual slider.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:50 PM   #24

Found them. These are the ones I used, but look to be a lot more expensive now.
https://www.discountvantruck.com/rvs...powerbases.htm

But in the 10 years I’ve had them, not one single problem.

The biggest thing to making your own, is you can set the amount of legroom for the passenger. It’s dam cramped in any stock location, these allowed me to set it as OEM but in the rear most position, a lot more legroom. Something you can’t do with the manual sliders as their distance is less.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 08:06 PM   #25

Those are the same ones i found at $335 each... lol
My dogs are the only ones that ride in the passenger seat so its not a huge concern.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:21 AM   #26

Garage
So I have a friend who's about to scrap a Sienna. Not sure of the year, but I am seeing 2011 and later has the seats we seek. Big if, but if I could get the seats from this van for free what would I want? Am I reading correctly I would want the 2nd row seats?

Also, it seems like nobody is making the adapter bases now. Is that true? Seems like grabbing these seats might no be worth it. Thoughts?
Old 08-19-2020, 07:56 AM   #27

From my research no one is currently making the bases to install the seats in the driver/passenger positions. I tried to find some used but had no luck. Which is just as well because having a fixed position seat isnt the best solution imo.

I ordered up a pair of 6 way electric bases and am making my own risers to attach them to the floor.
Old 08-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #28

Garage
Thanks...I don't find the stock seats to be terribly uncomfortable so I'll probably not add any additional tasks (i.e. costs) to my project.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:02 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
From my research no one is currently making the bases to install the seats in the driver/passenger positions. I tried to find some used but had no luck. Which is just as well because having a fixed position seat isnt the best solution imo.

I ordered up a pair of 6 way electric bases and am making my own risers to attach them to the floor.

I’d love to see some pics of how you attach them to the floor and seats when you’re done. I think I’m going to mount mine on the old conversion van swivel bases I have using the sliding track from the sienna floor.
Justgosurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #30

Have you done some research into how tall the sienna seats are from bottom of the seat to the top of the butt cushion when compared to your ford seats? If you sit your ford seat on the floor next to the sienna seat, the sienna seat is taller measuring from the floor to the top of the seat cushion.

Then you have to make sure the seats are centered in the truck properly so if the air bag deploys in an accident it doesnt knock your head threw the side window or something odd.

Tags
front, sienna, swivel