Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #1

source for side windows??

Hey, Anybody out there installed their own side windows? I'm looking for the low (maybe 12" tall by 30-40 in.) side window for behind the driver side door that Sportsmobile uses above the kitchen setup. Anyone know where to find them? Thanks

tahoevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #2

Re: source for side windows??

CR Lawrence has great windows. I was going to install my DS one I ordered (Have to order thru a distributer not a web site) But I found a guy in NJ who installed that one and 5 others for less than it would cost me to buy..Was worth the 6 hr drive And he did a great job.
Heres the link.
http://www.crlaurence.com/crlapps/showl ... 587::21889
Old 01-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #3

Just installed two windows in my chevy. I'm going to start a build thread but I haven't had time yet. I bought universal contoured windows from DK Hardware and they worked out great. I made templates from the windows, cut the holes with a jig saw, primed the exposed metal, put a bead of silicone inside and out, then installed the windows. It was pretty straight forward if your familiar with that kind of stuff. I'll try to get some pictures up. DK was helpful with the order and shipping for two windows was around $10 so you can't beat that.

http://www.dkhardware.com/universal-con ... 0M0P1.html
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #4

Garage

gah, i knew this would happen. there was a member on here that found a window that followed the contour of the stock passenger glass (and cargo body line) behind the drivers door window, but for the life of me i cant find the thread. anyone know what member it was or know where to locate that brand?
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote