Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2015, 04:50 AM   #51
Wbp

Re: Southeastern build

Nice job it looks like it is coming right along. I am getting ready to start my interior with a very similar layout. I have one question for you how big will your lower bed be?

Wbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #52

Thanks Wbp. The bed is 55"w x 60"L. I'll end up having to build a extension to it since momma and I will be downstairs and the kids in the penthouse.
thestoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:34 PM   #53

Finished up the countertop today the sink is sitting on a piece of 1/2 " thick plastic mounted 3" under the countertop.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:14 AM   #54

Wow, looking really nice!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #55

Those countertops look great! Did you epoxy them yet?

If so I'm glad it worked. If not I'd encourage a test piece first. I build and repair SUP boards and have had many issues with epoxy over different coatings. Oftentimes doesn't like to bond or lay out evenly. If it worked would you mind sharing what you used for the hammered finish? Rattle can?
bcaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:07 PM   #56

Thanks guys. bcaine,yes it is rattle can and I haven't laid the epoxy down just yet. I've always used the epoxy at my local HD and have had good results. I've used it on all different types of stone and wood. The only problem I've encountered so far was on some Barnwood where it crackled. But other than that I've had good luck. A Test piece is excellent advise (see the contact cement post a page or two back) . SUP board is my next project I promised my daughter a pink one a while back so I might need some pointers

I'll be tackling the rear air this week. I was going to sub this out but after looking at the setup it's not going to be all that hard. The unit will sit behind the driver side rear fender well just as the factory one does and the ductwork will come out in the top of the cabinets.

All the cabinet doors are on except for the rear two. I have a little adjusting to do still and the veneer banding still needs to be applied. Extra fuel tank is at the welding shop waiting to be shortened ( had a hard time finding a welder willing to do this). T-case install is scheduled for next week and I talked to the driveshaft shop and there is a one day wait on custom orders. So everything seems to be falling into place.

I've been using the van as my daily driver trying to work any bugs out but so far there haven't been any. I still can't get over the crowd I draw everywhere I go(some of which are pretty rough looking characters). Just driving down the road I get fingers pointed towards me from other drivers. I came out of the lumber store just the other day to see a man crawled underneath looking at the front end. I have to laugh!!!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #57

I have got quite a lot done in the last couple weeks so here it goes.

Rear air has been installed.This was a fairly simple job in all it took me about six hours in all to complete.I originally was planning on using the rear air out of my parts van,but since my van didn't have the factory rear air prep package(metal lines that run down the frame and stop behind driver seat)I bought a whole new system.The whole package deal was $695 from twinairproducts.com. That included all lines fittings hose clamps and wiring.This system uses its own wiring harness and doesn't connect to the b-post factory harness. Here is a pic that i copied and pasted from the website.

I strongly recommend this company if anyone is looking to add a rear air system to their cargo van.They have been very helpful in answering all my questions and they didn't debit my bank account until the unit was in transit.

freon and coolant lines

new fitting to connect the factory and aftermarket lines.

dash removed and new switch is installed.

Finally got my fuel tank welded so I'm somewhat behind on my t-case install.I ended up shortening the fuel tank from my '99 parts van so that I would still have a driveable van while she was being welded.Once I took the original tank out I noticed a few differences.For one the shortened tank hand two outlets one large and one small.
The tank that was removed had only one.I ended up using a rubber plug that you can see in the picture to stop up the second outlet.The next thing was the vents on either end had different type fittings.They simply twisted out and i swapped out new for old.I lost a total of three gallons once the tank was shortened.

Here are a few pics of the interior.

These seats are removable with a lever so I will be building additional seat bases so that we can use the seats under the awning outside the van.

Old 06-16-2015, 10:45 PM   #58

Finished up the transfer case and exhaust just in time for our trip to the OBX.( two days before to be exact ).The van performed really well on the whole trip.If you live anywhere nearby and haven't been its well worth it. Here's a few pics.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:23 PM   #59

Impressive. Let me know when you are ready for the next project. BTW I added the stabilizer and it helps a lot.
Aukayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #60

Great build. I totally relate to several aspects of your build.
- Why don't you just buy a van....
- Rear A/C install
- Window trim ideas

Thanks again!
89srule is offline   Reply With Quote