Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-29-2020, 06:27 PM   #11
Member
 
itnanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Coming together very nicely - should be proud of that work!


Thank you.
__________________

itnanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:28 PM   #12
Member
 
itnanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
That's pretty much standard equipment these days. Or should I say one of the first things to add when building out anew.

I swear by mine---a wondermous device for sure.


Love it. With a 5 year old it’s a must.
__________________

itnanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 02:55 PM   #13
Member
 
itnanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 59
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8619.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	33081
Not sure if you noticed in the pictures above but my calculations were off by 1 1/2” so I cleaned that edge with some 2” angle. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8621.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	33082
itnanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:54 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Luis Obispo CA
Posts: 63
Very nice clean build, inspirational for sure. How are you liking the lift?
CGgonzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #15
Member
 
itnanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGgonzo12 View Post
Very nice clean build, inspirational for sure. How are you liking the lift?


Loving it. Only been in the dirt once before this outbreak and it was great. I think my wife and kid would have really hated the 6”. I think it we will be good for our mild adventures.
itnanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 01:42 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,172
Garage
This is a terrific build. Simple, nothing wasted. Great job. If you’re looking for “something to cover the plywood” with, take a look at this trunk liner. I’m using it on mine. Easy to work with, stretchy to make it fit nicely, covers all the less-than-perfect parts (though yours is pretty darn smooth). I didn’t buy mine from this supplier, but here’s a link to start. Just make sure it’s good quality and the slightly stretchy kind before buying. Some of them are stiff and more difficult to work with.

https://www.midwestfabrics.com/carpe...unk-liner.html

I do have a question. I see you’ve screwed your top plywood pieces (box tops) to the vertical support pieces. Did you screw them into blocks on the verticals? Couldn’t tell from your photos.
.
__________________
"PhoTo" - 2014 Ford E350 5.4L RB - Agile 4x4 - CCV Poptop
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:43 AM   #17
Member
 
itnanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
This is a terrific build. Simple, nothing wasted. Great job. If you’re looking for “something to cover the plywood” with, take a look at this trunk liner. I’m using it on mine. Easy to work with, stretchy to make it fit nicely, covers all the less-than-perfect parts (though yours is pretty darn smooth). I didn’t buy mine from this supplier, but here’s a link to start. Just make sure it’s good quality and the slightly stretchy kind before buying. Some of them are stiff and more difficult to work with.



https://www.midwestfabrics.com/carpe...unk-liner.html



I do have a question. I see you’ve screwed your top plywood pieces (box tops) to the vertical support pieces. Did you screw them into blocks on the verticals? Couldn’t tell from your photos.

.


Thanks for the heads up on the covering. I believe the carpenter used 1” block running the length. You can see it in the picture below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7981.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	33098
itnanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:24 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Luis Obispo CA
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by itnanti View Post
Loving it. Only been in the dirt once before this outbreak and it was great. I think my wife and kid would have really hated the 6”. I think it we will be good for our mild adventures.
Nice man, I’m definitely leaning more towards the 6” because I like the way it looks (I don’t have any little ones yet so I think I can get away with it).

Hey quick question, did you buy that Dometic fridge in Santa Barbara? I think that’s my brother in laws old fridge, he was telling me he sold it to a guy with an ESeries, I’m thinking this has to be it
CGgonzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #19
Member
 
itnanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGgonzo12 View Post
Nice man, I’m definitely leaning more towards the 6” because I like the way it looks (I don’t have any little ones yet so I think I can get away with it).



Hey quick question, did you buy that Dometic fridge in Santa Barbara? I think that’s my brother in laws old fridge, he was telling me he sold it to a guy with an ESeries, I’m thinking this has to be it


Yep that’s me. Yeah 6” looks so good. Bigger tires too. This is also my daily so 4” will work for me.
itnanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: San Luis Obispo CA
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by itnanti View Post
Yep that’s me. Yeah 6” looks so good. Bigger tires too. This is also my daily so 4” will work for me.
Such a small world man, yeah he wouldn’t sell it to me lol. I dig the 6” and the bigger tires is more for my liking. But like you mentioned, it’s not my daily. My thinking would be different if it was.

Keep up the good work man, maybe we will run into each other at some point
__________________

CGgonzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×