Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #91

Did you make any more suspension changes and did you end up being happy with the road manners of the lift?

codyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 07:53 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyh View Post
Did you make any more suspension changes and did you end up being happy with the road manners of the lift?
I have not made any other changes since my trip to the Overland Expo last year. I don't have all that many miles on the van since the lift (although, the trip to Flagstaff was 2400 miles). Overall, I am happy with how it handles.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:16 AM   #93

More on cabinetry. With more dado cuts the cabinet for the fridge, toilet and water heater came together fairly well. The hardest part was holding, inserting and clamping everything square while gluing the whole works together. The fridge required furring strips behind the flange on which it will be fastened. I also added a frame under it to keep it level. The result is spot on and super snug.

The fridge is a Nova Kool 3800 12V 3.5 cu ft. Seems nice. We'll see how well it keeps salsa cold.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7002.jpg   IMG_7003.jpg  
Old 03-26-2017, 07:10 AM   #94

Last weekend we fit cabinets. As expected there were a few tweaks that needed to be made here and there on the most rearward cabinet uprights where they meet the roof line. All in all not too shabby though. We also learned in what order these all have to go in for an easy install.

With everything set in place we got a real feel for what this layout is going to be like which is exciting. A bonus- a sense of accomplishment as corny as it sounds. But, when things don't seem to move forward for days to weeks at a time it feels damn good to see a large part of the build come together like this.

I started an initial routing of all electrical and plumbing which will run through an behind the cabinets. A few more holes here and there for the main power coming in, main ground, power inverter feed, air compressor wiring harness, fresh water inlet and associated plumbing for hot water with the Espar.

Now that I know how deep all the storage cubbies are I'll make boxes to fit the ones in which we will not put actual drawer slides. I figured this way we utilize all the space available and don't have to find a bunch of plastic bins that won't be perfectly sized anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6973.jpg   IMG_6974.jpg   IMG_6975.jpg   IMG_7012.jpg  
Old 03-26-2017, 08:03 AM   #95

Garage
Looks great, it's really coming together nicely!!
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:35 AM   #96

The latest in small victories- drawer installed with perfect reveal in the guacho/sofa base. My first drawer install too. Only 10 more to go...

I also have a functional door galley put together which will get a fold down front door and some padding to silence the old dual fuel Coleman. Some aluminum trim on the top will keep things from sliding or rolling off and that should be set.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7036.jpg   IMG_7037.jpg   IMG_7042.jpg   IMG_7044.jpg   IMG_7045.jpg  

Old 04-03-2017, 06:09 PM   #97
MSD

Garage
Looking really good! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #98

Ah, the long, slow but rewarding process of real wooden cabinets. Looks amazing!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 07:45 AM   #99

Garage
Looks great.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #100

Update

Thanks for the your comments guys. Appreciate it!

Ok, so while the slow van build continues there is a deadline and goal in mind because... We are going to live out of Vantasi starting the end of June. We basically have everything in motion to start traveling full time for a year or more starting with Banff then heading into the NW, down the West Coast, into Baja by late '17 early '18, over to mainland Mexico and on further south into Central and South America from there. That's the grand plan anyway!

My girlfriend and I have our last day of employment at the end of the month. I must add, we both have or had great jobs but, the desire for adventure and a longing to experience the things we want while we still can is something we could no longer ignore. With house for rent, all those "useful" things we squirreled away sold on Craigslist and our departure from our jobs this is all getting quite real in a hurry.

So, the van HAS to get finished soon!