Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #261

Garage
Nice! I didn't get mine powder coated because my frame is covered in the thickest grossest undercoating stuff ever and I eventually wanna pull the body and sand blast it all clean. I also wasn't sure how much I would scratch it up so I just spray painted it, I'd definitely get it powder coated if I had a clean frame to start with because they shouldn't get scratched up if installed correctly.

Good call on the ordering of the parts, I had an issue with ordering the Carli bar the first time. Basically it just never showed up but got a refund (thanks Amazon) and had another sent the next day by the same people (some offroad shop in AZ) and got it next day. I'm glad that MG decided to work with the Carli parts, I had their leveling kit on my F250 before I sold it to become a vanner 4 life and I was happy with it. Definitely good quality parts.

I have a feeling the last thing you will be waiting on will be the rear springs. Mine only took 3.5 months to get...

What about rear wheel spacers/adapters?

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 12:34 AM   #262

Ooog. 3.5 months? Chris told me six weeks plus shipping time. Fingers crossed. Ordered about three weeks ago.

I got the spacers from Ujoint. They are here already. I'm waiting on a phone call from Chris to order the Fox shocks MG spec'd and the Aluminess spare tire rack. Makes me cringe a bit spending the money on that but going to 35s requires it.

Waiting on the rear springs will give me a chance to clean up the front axle and service it. Plus I'm gonna por-15 or chassis coat it.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:06 AM   #263

Garage
Ya, Chris told me 7 weeks but his spring guy was having some delays. Hopefully that got ironed out like Chris wanted.

What's the width of the spacers you got from him and are you going to be running fender flares? I ordered them to match the front axle width exactly and they were 1" I believe.

Unless your getting custom valves shocks you could probably just pick up the Fox ones locally if there is a retailer nearby. I found a guy here locally that sold them for 10$ cheaper per shock than Chris and didn't have to pay shipping. Chris did have mine to me next day though so if you don't have someone he's probably the best to go with.

I also have the spare tire carrier on the list of stuff to buy, and spare tire too actually ha ha! I got all four of these f250 wheels for 100$ and have been reluctant to spend another 100$ to get the matching 5th wheel.

I'm excited to see some pics!

Old 09-07-2016, 09:53 PM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post

I also have the spare tire carrier on the list of stuff to buy, and spare tire too actually ha ha! I got all four of these f250 wheels for 100$ and have been reluctant to spend another 100$ to get the matching 5th wheel.
You could just use a standard rim and put one of these on it.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:59 PM   #265

I think my spacers are 2". I'm at the gf's place tonight so I can't look. I'm not planning on flares at this point. I'm going to probably monstaliner the whole van so I'm not worried about chips.

I guess when it comes down to it, I'd rather give my money to Ujoint for the shocks. It may only save a few bucks to shop elsewhere but I don't have any loyalty to anybody local.

I ordered 5 tires and wheels so it all matched and I can do a five tire rotation. That'll extend out the number of days before I need to buy another set. The wheels I chose were only 125 a piece. Yes, that's more than $100 for four, but I like them a lot and they were almost half the price of method wheels. Plus, one year same as cash!
Old 09-07-2016, 11:44 PM   #266

Garage
Larrie - this thing is already a giant attention getter, if I throw that on then people will probably start asking me about my underground bunker... That I don't have...

Backcountry - I understand about the shocks, I just figured I'd let you know they aren't anything fancy and can be obtained anywhere. I also looked back in the build and saw my rear wheel adapters are 1.75 so yours will stick out .25" wider than the front axle. Not a big issue and I doubt it's even noticeable, unless your like me and as soon as you know it's all you can see. Good call on the 5 tires. The 5th matching tire for me is only 30 minutes away so I need to just pony up and go get it and throw the matching tire on.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:46 PM   #267

Garage
I forgot to say as much as I enjoyed the 100$ price tag for these wheels I also got them because I always wanted them on my old f250 and now I had the chance to get them.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:55 AM   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry Pursuit View Post

I ordered 5 tires and wheels so it all matched and I can do a five tire rotation.
That's something I wish I did......last year I bought 4 ATX Mojave teflons.....the teflon version is now discontinued/replaced with black Mojave II....

Scoured the countryside for a single teflon version to no avail.....ended up buying a single black Mojave II for the spare....hindsight is 20/20...at least the new version is cheaper.

The black version is very close to the originals.....a few other minor differences besides the color..like the center cap.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:54 PM   #269

Garage
Quick question for all you aftermarket window pros out there. My drivers side passenger window (the T-slider) is leaking from what appears to be where the middle of the T is. Does anyone know how to fix that, wether its a new seal or whatever?

Also, I am debating on throwing another T-slider in behind that one on the driver and passenger side so the passengers can see a little more. Whats everyones opinion on that?

Thanks!

Old 09-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #270

Garage
And I am back...

As most of you know or saw I had put the dog up for sale, I got the typical, "sweet van, whats the details?" gig and no-one was interested. That was fine anyway as I was only interested in selling because my wife likes the updated interior and her and my son both enjoy the 360 degree windows in the passenger van. Cant make everyone happy I guess...

So I was also not in a hurry to sell because I still needed to get the driveline and exhaust setup before I would be ok with giving it to someone else. Unlike the dealership I bought this from I actually care about its condition before I give it away.

So I go to get the exhaust rerouted out of the way of the front drive shaft and they proceed to tell me I only have 3 catalytic converters and that I am supposed to have 4 and that they can put another one in but they can't move it over an it has to go in the exact same spot as factory. Well, Great.

Just when I think that I am in the clear of the random stuff that continues to cause me issues on this van, I get stuck with one last thing...I hope...

This time because its a federal law that I have to have 4 cats and not 3, I am going to go ahead and contact the dealership via some one that knows law and try to get them to pay for it. The only reason I hadn't known about this before was because I didnt have to go through DEQ thanks to my permanent disabled veteran plates, but if I did I probably would have paid more attention to the exhaust. Bottom line is that they can't sell a vehicle thats illegal and this definitely is and was illegal. I can look past all of the other stuff that popped up that they dang well knew about but this is where I draw the line.

I will be sure to keep everyone updated and let you know how this goes, hopefully its extremely non eventful and I have a legal exhaust routed out of the way of my front driveshaft.