Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2016, 03:00 PM   #271

JSWEEZ, I know you have been through much bigger stuff just to keep us able to enjoy (among other things) American enterprise and such fruits for our van lifestyles- so rock 'em.
One thing that has worked for me is saying "you don't mind if I just sit in this little old chair right outside your office until the general manager finds time to come speak with me in person... Do you?
If nothing else this will take tenacity and thanks for the forthcoming interesting posts
Hahah

Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:47 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backcountry Pursuit View Post
Ooog. 3.5 months? Chris told me six weeks plus shipping time. Fingers crossed. Ordered about three weeks ago.

I got the spacers from Ujoint. They are here already. I'm waiting on a phone call from Chris to order the Fox shocks MG spec'd and the Aluminess spare tire rack. Makes me cringe a bit spending the money on that but going to 35s requires it.

Waiting on the rear springs will give me a chance to clean up the front axle and service it. Plus I'm gonna por-15 or chassis coat it.
9.5 weeks since I placed a huge order with Chris and I still don't have shipping info on the springs. so yeah be patient.......

After 9 weeks I finally got my aluminess order, only to receive the wrong front bumper....
Brianjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:55 PM   #273

Garage
Yep, and I don't think the wait times will change anytime soon.

Btw did you get your fox shocks from your local Fox shocks vendor? Or did you order those from Chris as well?

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:09 PM   #274

I ordered the fox shocks through Chris as well. They just came last week via 4wheelparts.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:31 PM   #275

Garage
Bummer, well Marks Sand Trans in forest grove has replacements if for whatever reason you need them.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianjwilson View Post
9.5 weeks since I placed a huge order with Chris and I still don't have shipping info on the springs. so yeah be patient.......

After 9 weeks I finally got my aluminess order, only to receive the wrong front bumper....
Well you got further than I did because I put in a quote request to UJOR in the spring, followed up twice (once to Chris via this forum) and NEVER received a quote for my work. I even had located a shop to install a UJOR conversion kit.

In the end, I went another route entirely because there are some good 4x4 van options in USA but good luck with your conversion, it will be awesome when it comes together!
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Well you got further than I did because I put in a quote request to UJOR in the spring, followed up twice (once to Chris via this forum) and NEVER received a quote for my work. I even had located a shop to install a UJOR conversion kit.

In the end, I went another route entirely because there are some good 4x4 van options in USA but good luck with your conversion, it will be awesome when it comes together!
That is surprising to hear, sorry to hear that. Chris has been exceptional on follow up and answering questions. Responding late at night, weekends etc. Above and beyond what I would have expected. I called the shop for him once and he said I really should just call his cell phone.

The wait for leaf springs isn't his fault, it is a vendor problem. Although I would be looking for a new vendor for springs personally. I knew there was a long wait when I went into it. I don't know yet it the bumper mistake was by Chris or aluminess. It would be an easy mistake to overlook but it is still extremely frustrating for an impatient and particular person.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:06 PM   #278

Garage
I think as long as you don't expect the springs to come at the actual time that Chris says it takes then you will be ok emotionally. Nothing against Chris as he is just passing on what he is being told but just FYI.

Another + for MGs kit in the spring availability department. Everything except for his actual brackets (that came from him) I got next day through Amazon, Ebay or the Ford dealer. It can't get much easier than that.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:42 AM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianjwilson View Post
That is surprising to hear, sorry to hear that. Chris has been exceptional on follow up and answering questions. Responding late at night, weekends etc. Above and beyond what I would have expected. I called the shop for him once and he said I really should just call his cell phone.
Well I had done my homework. I sent in specs for a prelim quote (5.4), located a better van to buy (V10) and located an installer- all of which took effort on my part. For whatever reason my request for service was not valued by UJOR.

I just PM'd Chris here to, in fairness, let him know as well.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
Well I had done my homework. I sent in specs for a prelim quote (5.4), located a better van to buy (V10) and located an installer- all of which took effort on my part. For whatever reason my request for service was not valued by UJOR.

I just PM'd Chris here to, in fairness, let him know as well.
Sorry to hear that. I've had horrible experiences with companies other people seem to love too. Sometimes people just clash too and don't work well together, sometimes people get busy or have personal things going on, etc. No idea but I'm sorry it was a bad experience for you.

In contrast, Chris text me at 8:09 this morning saying that he messed up, talked to aluminess and has another bumper on the way. I called aluminess and they're getting ready to package it and send a return for the incorrect one. Honest mistake and he took care of it quickly.

Now if my dang springs would ship.....