Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #71

I think the quote from Agile is less for Jsweezy since he already has a transfer case, output shaft, front/rear driveshafts, gas tank mod, etc.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #72

Garage
Sorry if I didn't clarify that, my quote was only for the front end as that's all I need.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 12:00 AM   #73

Garage
Some more progress has been made, unfortunately no pictures to go along with it but it's late and dark so I'll get them up tomorrow.

Swivel seats are in! Thanks 1der again for the help and getting these to us for a reasonable price. I still can't swivel the drivers side yet because of the transfer case shifter but the passenger side is amazing.

I also have old door seals and didn't want to spend the 60-100$ to get brand new ones so I did the "ford door seal mod". I did it on my f250 before and loved the results so figured I'd try it on here. I'll let you guys know wether or not it's worth the time.

And the biggest thing I think and the coolest is I realigned the side door. I saw it was off a couple of days ago and thought a body shop visit was in order until I read a forum thread that explained how to align them. Worked like a charm and only took 2 seconds.

Excited to get this thing sound deadened soon because right now it's like riding in a wind tunnel and my wife isn't impressed.

Old 04-11-2016, 12:02 AM   #74

Garage
Oh I also had MG stop by today to see if the rear door stops that keep them from fully swinging outward could be replaced with new ones. Unfortunately it wouldn't work because the piece that goes in the door is too big for the opening it has to slide into. Not the most exciting thing but just wanted to give others a heads up in case they buy them before they check!

Old 04-11-2016, 05:55 AM   #75
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
more like the hand-wringing mad scientist about to release a plan to leave his soul-crushing day job and work on cool vehicle projects full time... Not meant to mock you fine folks.
We jest----fine folks we may be BUT we're all in awe of your skills and output of amazing structures. Its great you share with us---certainly inspiring.

I sincerely hope you're sooner than later able to leave the current job and begin practicing your amazing combination of engineering, design and fabrication of products needed but not readily available.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #76

Garage
Just took off the Carr steps, the drivers and passengers side at least. I want to take off the one under the 3rd doors but my wife uses it so it must stay until I find a better solution.

If anyone is interested I'll give these to you for 20$...

I think the van looks way better without them.
Before -

After -

Before -

After -

If anyone has an idea of where to find a simple running board type bar that only spans across the bottom of the side doors, please let me know.

Thanks!

Old 04-11-2016, 10:38 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Just took off the Carr steps, the drivers and passengers side at least. I want to take off the one under the 3rd doors but my wife uses it so it must stay until I find a better solution.

If anyone is interested I'll give these to you for 20$...
I'll take 'em!!
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 07:08 PM   #78

Garage
Sold! Glad they could find a home so quickly!

Old 04-11-2016, 07:49 PM   #79

Woo hoo!
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 05:01 AM   #80
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post

If anyone has an idea of where to find a simple running board type bar that only spans across the bottom of the side doors, please let me know.

Thanks!
I fabricated a rather crude looking set for two of my E250's, cargo-only work trucks. Stock or off-the-shelf offerings weren't to my liking for a number of reasons one being the full length for both sides--that configuration seemed a bit silly to me.

I'm happy to share what I've done if only to show how they're mounted and what materials were used. My main goal was NOT drilling any holes anywhere.

Mind you they do look a bit utilitarian but DIY can give you the exact height you need/want rather than letting a manufacturer dictate that measurement.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote