Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2016, 11:20 AM   #431

Garage
^^^ stiff is a great way to put it. people need to relax and enjoy a chuckle once and a while.

and ya, anytime your in my area, just give me a heads up and if we cant go sit around a fire I can make some time to come introduce myself.

I work part time in Nampa right now at the college. hoping to be full time sooner than later. might even start looking for a house between boise and Nampa if things work out as planned. fingers crossed...

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:49 PM   #432

My wife didn't think it was funny when I wanted to make a bumper sticker for the van that read "Don't laugh, your daughter might be inside".
motoidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 01:23 PM   #433

We rented a motorhome and took a road trip in college. My buddy wrote that with soap on the back window. You wouldn't believe how many honks, waves, thumbs up and smiles we got on the road. We had a blast. Even picked up a few UCLA coeds on a corner in Brentwood who joined us, spur of the moment, for the rest of the trip. Fun times. The world was more innocent then.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:21 PM   #434

Garage
Hey sorry I didnt comment back guys!

Shenrie - Yes we will need to link up when I come out for sure.

Motoidiot - I dont care who you are, Thats funny right there.

Steelhead Jones - Good times...

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:22 PM   #435

Garage
Road Force balanced...

ITS LEGIT!

So I had my wheels/tires road forced balance today and it feels way better.

Which means I am done repairing! Anything from here on out is going to be an upgrade!

Old 12-20-2016, 10:13 PM   #436

Congratulations. Time to enjoy the ride.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:29 PM   #437

WOOOOHOOO!!

Glad that worked out for ya! Sucks you had to go the extra distance, but sometimes that stuff happens and because VAN.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:27 AM   #438

Garage
Thanks guys!

Old 12-26-2016, 09:22 PM   #439

Garage
Even though I am currently trying to sell my van, that doesn't mean I am going to stop tinkering on it and doing everything I can to improve it. If it doesn't sell than I am stuck with this van and might as well continue to build it as if I was keeping it instead of stalling in hopes someone may buy it.

Even though I thought I had gotten my tires "road force balanced" the other day at discount, I was still having some issues. So I called them up and talked about doing a factory warranty replacement on one or all because I think there was an issue that they must have not been able to find.

Turns out that they "load force balanced" or something to that effect that only simulates what a "road force balancer" does. The manager came out to me and told me that this time they would use their "NEW" (its not new, the other manager told me last time it was there but that they only use it for special cases) "road force balancer" that has all kinds of cool lasers and blah blah blah. I proceeded to tell him that yes, I understood what it was and when I asked for it last time, thats what I was expecting to get, not merely a simulation of it because I knew there was issues with my tires. Keep in mind this is the same manager I spoke with last time so he knew it wasn't my fault for not clarifying.

So he comes back out and tells me that there was an issue with one of the tires not wanting to balance correctly and they were going to try flipping it but they would probably be replacing it (which they did). The adolescent child in me really wanted to say NO DUH as loud as I could but I had to keep my cool because I am an adult now and just had to be happy that it was getting taken care of. They also had to "match balance" 2 other tires/wheels which means that they match the heaviest part in the tire with the heaviest part in the wheel for optimal runout.

When i left last time and they said it was without a doubt road force balanced and they didn't need to remount because their machine said they were perfect on the rims, they lied.

Moral of the story - The next time you go to a discount tire/ les schwab/ whatever, and ask for a road force balance, make sure its actually getting road force balanced and not just whatever machine simulates it.

Once all of the tires were correctly done and I was on my way home the difference was amazing. So if your having suspension issues (vibrations/steering wheel shimmies,Loud tire noises on anything thats not super aggressive) or something doesn't feel right, check your wheels/tires.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:47 PM   #440

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Turns out that they "load force balanced" or something to that effect that only simulates what a "road force balancer" does.

When i left last time and they said it was without a doubt road force balanced and they didn't need to remount because their machine said they were perfect on the rims, they lied.

Moral of the story - The next time you go to a discount tire/ les schwab/ whatever, and ask for a road force balance, make sure its actually getting road force balanced and not just whatever machine simulates it.

Once all of the tires were correctly done and I was on my way home the difference was amazing.
Wow. You really went through the ringer on this one. I am really glad that you finally got it resolved. And now I know what to insist on if I run into similar issues.

WADAYA MEAN, you used the simulator???? Just use the flippin' machine like I asked ya to! Jeez.
Ready to Rumble!
Glider is offline   Reply With Quote