Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #21

Re: The Vanther

Van Specialties did the interior. I'm really pleased with the job they did.

I'll take some suspension pics soon.

Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #22

Been really enjoying the van! Just had did my first coolant filter change and picked up some fuel additives for the Winter. Now we just need some snow to get the sleds out!
Attached Thumbnails
photo-5.jpg  
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #23

I have a 2005 E-350 EB Quigley conversion 6.0L diesel with less than 50k miles. I belive I have 4:10 gears because my rpms are at almost 2000 rpm at 60 mph. If I keep the rpms below 2000 I can get almost 20mpg, if I drive at 70 -75 mph, 2300 rpms I only get 15mpg tops.
I'm thinking of re-gearing to 3:73 for better fuel economy.
51,000 miles 16-18mpg
jhpsurfboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #24

I am looking to put 35's under my van as well. Thinking of doing the same set up you did. How difficult/how much time did the install take you? How much did it cost to do the lift with new shocks? I have been trying to find more info online but cant get much.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:55 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelso
I finally got my suspension setup all dialed in. I went with the long arm kit from ccv and ended up having to make a lot of custom upgrades to make it work. By no means was it a simple bolt on install. After a lot of troubleshooting I ended up getting a setup that I'm really psyched on. It's now a completely custom setup and is quite different than the suspension setup Derek sent me. I went with an adjustable track bar (seemed to be a necessary move after installing the suspension), adjustable control arms pushing the front axle forward 1.5", Bilstein 5160's all the way around, a rear add a leaf and a 2" block to give the rear a little more lift than the front. The van is sitting on 35's now and I don't have any rubbing, not even turned all the way over. The ride is great and I can't tell you how much more comfortable the van is to drive. It has completely eliminated the bump steer I was suffering from and has added quite a bit of travel. I couldn't imagine bottoming out now. I took some speed bumps at 25 mph and couldn't believe how well it handled. I can now comfortably drive the van with one hand on bumpy roads without being worried about getting pulled around. I can confidently say that it handles far better than my old Ford F350.

I also got an Edge Insight cts monitor with egt probe. I am very happy I did this as it gives me much more confidence driving my 6.0l diesel. I also installed a Sinister Diesel coolant filter. I will run the van this way for a while until I decide which direction I will go with the bulletproofing. So far the engine is still being broken in and is driving flawlessly. The one thing I haven't done yet is re-gear the van. It's still running 3.73 gears and I think I'm going to go to 4.10's. If anyone has thoughts or personal gearing experiences they could share that would be awesome. I'm mostly interested in power, rpms and fuel economy.

I also installed my aluminess side ladder, custom rock slider steps and just put on my custom roof rack (not it picture below). Things are definitely coming together. I got to do a nice camping surf trip this weekend to the coast and did some offroading to get to the campsite. The van performed very well.
Hi, would you mind to make some pics from the(your customised) front end?
I also got an Quigley- although an 1993- and I am looking forward to some more lift. It´s not easy to get some good information as it seems the companies in this "Quigley upgrade business" are just custom building again and again.
derJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:28 PM   #26

Like the Naugahyde
Gh0ztkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote