Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2021, 10:55 PM   #1

Twenty Four - A 2003 7.3 build

Well, I started a new build! Found a 2003 7.3 extended van with barn doors in the hills of southern, ca. 49k miles when I found it about a year ago. It had been sitting about a year or two prior and wasn't running. I towed it back home, changed a few hoses that were no good, did standard maintenance and she cranked right up. I have put 9k miles on it since, let the build begin!

I have done a couple things since.. updated the front end to the 2008+ and the fenders i found at the scrap yard had a '24' on them so for now, we call this build Twenty four. Led tail lights, renuel rear bumper, also have installed a CRL awning window thanks to Ray (1DER) for connecting me with that

I met a rad guy locally by the name of Romeo who wanted to remove his pop top and install a fiberine top. I helped him remove it and I'm getting ready to install the top in the next couple weeks.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...6FEDE4085.jpeg

The top was in pretty good shape but since its going on a van with such low miles, I decided to refurbish the whole thing. I painted the top with Raptor liner, purchased a new canvas and made new ceiling panels. I wanted to share a few photos and explain the process as I go. I will update more in the next week or so but for now here are some pictures of where I'm at. It is the electric motor model out of a 2006, still works great! stoked.

TJ

Old 09-07-2021, 11:25 PM   #2

Nice progress! The pics and explanation are really helpful. I never knew what a top mechanism looked like until I saw your photo. Thanks for taking us along.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:35 AM   #3

Looks great so far!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote