-After this I began the tedious process of laying out and cutting my wood floor substrate. I used ĹĒ high quality baltic birch scribed everything to the edges as well as back beveled to make sure it fit tight and flat. I used mending plants to join each piece together as well as 1/4x20 stainless steel bolts to go to the Rivnuts. After my wood was cut and holes were drilled I went back layer by layer and glued each section down till I got back up to my wood layer.
-After getting the wood all bolted down and mended together I mixed up some bondo to fill all the holes and smooth out a few transitions. I also took some gap filler and filled in any small gaps that I had around the edges.
-After that was installed it was time to start the floor install. Starting by rough cutting the shape and then gluing down starting with the front of the wood and working our ways backwards using a heat gun to bend it at the edges.
-After letting the glue dry for the night on the back half I came back the next day to do the front. Using the heat gun again to get it contoured around the bumps and curves. I added in extra .25 insulation for the transition between the plywood and front. I also got to finally get those seats back installed!
-After installing we came back and did some trimming of edges, scribing all trim pieces to new build ups, and finally getting things back together. Only thing left to do it add some metal angle edging at the back and side doors and the floor will be done!
-Although it would have been better to plan ahead and not install the seat covers till we had our seat heaters I was too excited to see how they fit, and jumped the gun. So once we received our package I went ahead and took apart the seats and then reinstalled with the heated seats. I put the switch location nice and tidy on the side of the seat.
And now we are officially all up to speed on the current state of the build.