Not a ton of work done, but making more progress
- After doing getting the wheels painted black we took Vandit out for a drive and finally got to see it out of the garage for a bit which was nice!
-The next thing on the list to finishing the floor was getting the threshold trimmed out. So I picked up some aluminum angle and went to work. This turned into a much more lengthy process than hoped since I had some mishaps when painting it, causing me to have to repaint it approximately four times with one full re-sand to bare metal. Now that it is done I am happy with how it came out. The floor is officially done!
-Next we ordered some replacement mirrors as we were never really a fan of the towing mirrors, plus they were super scratched up. They just seem to be much more fitting to the van.
-We wanted to have some removable mats for the front, but had to get a little creative to make them work, but I think we found a solution. Since the Husky liner mats are intended to be used with carpet they have nibs on the back to help secure them in the carpet. Since we decided to do the continuous rubber flooring I had to take all those off with a Dremel. After getting all those off I installed some marine grade black snaps to help secure the mats, and so far so good! If those don't end up holding too well I will switch them out for marine grade Twist Lock Fasteners.
Backside of Husky Liner before
After the start of Dremeling
Had to use a heatgun some to remold the mats to the new floor