Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2016, 11:47 PM   #31

Door Step Washers

The door step washers were purchased from McMaster.com.
I used nuts on all of them I could nut. I believe 2 of them I had to use rivet nuts.

Sellers information:
18-8 Stainless Steel Finishing Countersunk Washer
for Number 8 Screw Size, 0.188" ID, 0.75" OD

92538A330
Material 18-8 Stainless Steel
For Screw Size No. 8
ID 0.188"
OD 0.750"
Thickness 0.115"-0.135"
Countersink Angle 82°
Also known as dress washers, these are machined to be sturdier and provide a neater appearance than standard countersunk washers. Flat and oval head screws sit flush within them.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0155.jpg  
Attached Images

pmcypress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:54 AM   #32

Those are by far the nicest window shades I've seen. Any photos of the one that fits the windshield? Does it fold for storage? Do you get complete black out, that is no light leaks showing light from the inside at night? What's the thing just above the latch on the inside of the Aluminess box? Again, nice build, it gives me some ideas.............
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:20 AM   #33

Man, that is a fantastic build! With that level of cleanliness and great pics you're going to get a lot more questions! I really like the square cabinet doors. I think I may borrow that idea on my galley.

2 questions. Can you link or PM me the link to the reading lights?

Which flooring is that? It looks more durable and shiny than the Loncoin I've gotten from Ebay before. I just spent some time working on Twogone's van and he has a larger coin pattern flooring made by Johnsonite? I think. Yours doesn't look like the same pattern as his though. I'm very curious.

On your seats. First, they're beautiful. My motorhome has oversized plush leather seats and I was able to use a swivel seat on the passenger side. It's a bit clunky getting it turned around but well worth it. Perhaps 1der or John at Agile could hook you up with a swivel to try? I do have to open the passenger door to get mine situated right but I can use it with the armrest down at about 3/4 of the way turned around with no problems. It's so worth it in a van!

Great work, thanks for sharing.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcypress View Post
The door step washers were purchased from McMaster.com.
I used nuts on all of them I could nut. I believe 2 of them I had to use rivet nuts.

Sellers information:
18-8 Stainless Steel Finishing Countersunk Washer
for Number 8 Screw Size, 0.188" ID, 0.75" OD

92538A330
Material 18-8 Stainless Steel
For Screw Size No. 8
ID 0.188"
OD 0.750"
Thickness 0.115"-0.135"
Countersink Angle 82°
Also known as dress washers, these are machined to be sturdier and provide a neater appearance than standard countersunk washers. Flat and oval head screws sit flush within them.
When I used those on the SEMA van last year, it was easier to just use rivet nuts in all the holes. There was so much stuff mounted to the frame underneath that I didn't have access to the screws in any easy way. A #8 rivet nut fits right in the hole.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 10:59 AM   #35

Looks great!

Great job! Thanks for posting so many pics! I have a passenger van that I have just started transforming and have struggled finding examples online. Thanks for the inspiration.
tjboeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:15 AM   #36

The dress washers look great, thanks for the info, I was going to do something similar with flat head socket caps.
Slowly building interior
E250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:36 PM   #37

Window Shades and Aluminess Box Light

As far as the front window shade: I use a roll up window shade that is vehicle specific and fits the van very well. I store some of the shades above in the penthouse bed and the others behind the rear seat. I do find most of the time I just leave them in. As far as light leaking in: There is very little during the day and none at night. As far as whats on the latch of the Aluminess box: It is an LED light bar that I purchased at Home Depot. Its battery operated and has a push button at one end. I connected it to the latch bolts with two 5/8" insulated cable clamps.
Attached Thumbnails
006.jpg   004.jpg   006.6.jpg  
Old 10-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #38

Flooring and Cabin Spot lights

As far as the flooring: It is G-Floor (Walmart had the best price at the time) it was left over from my garage floor project. If I recall right they make three different grades of G-Floor and this was the middle grade. It starts out shiny but after some wear and tear it turns to a more flat finished flooring. I don't think you could ever tear this stuff it is very tough. The coins on the flooring measure 1 1/8" across and may be difficult to wrap around corners but works great on a flat floor lay. As far as the cabin spot lights: Here is the Amazon link https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Lightin...7&sr=8-12&th=1
Thanks for the information on the swivel base, I know my wife would like to have one.
Attached Thumbnails
8.8.jpg   008.jpg   012.jpg  
Old 10-16-2016, 03:49 PM   #39

TV, Hot Spot and Cell Phone Booster

Thought you guys may want to see how we watched TV on a road trip to Washington State. I bought 3 things to pull off watching TV with a bad cell signal.

1. Samsung Galaxy View
2. AT&T Unite Explore hot spot
3.WeBoost cell signal booster

We used the PLayStation Vue app on the Galaxy View, flipped on the hot spot and the cell booster and we were watching the debates. (Why the debates? because we had lots of gin and tonic to drink and hockey season had not started yet).
Attached Thumbnails
at&t-unite explore-slate blue-964x750.jpg   012508.jpg   IMG_0049[1].jpg  
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #40

Very nice. Well, everything except the debates, but I'm sorta guilty too. It's amusing if nothing else.

Say, they make those lights in black! I like black.

I'm about to replace my dead iPad with a Samsung tablet. Thanks for the ideas.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote