Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 12:20 PM   #1

What to do with old seats, etc?

So I just recently purchased a 2007 Ford E-350 extended body 15 passenger van and have begun gutting the interior to being the conversion progress. It would be nice if I could sell some of the stuff to recover the initial cost but was wondering what everyone else did with their old seats, headliners, rear A/C etc?

tm1m1tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #2

Re: What to do with old seats, etc?

Seats you can probably craigslist. There actually is a little demand as big fleets (like Wildland Firefighters) wear through the seats before anything else.

Why do you want to ditch the rear A/C? I wouldn't be without mine. That said... If you can un-intall the system intact, you'd probably be able to sell it here on the forum classifieds.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb
Seats you can probably craigslist. There actually is a little demand as big fleets (like Wildland Firefighters) wear through the seats before anything else.

Why do you want to ditch the rear A/C? I wouldn't be without mine. That said... If you can un-intall the system intact, you'd probably be able to sell it here on the forum classifieds.
So do you actually use the rear A/C in your build? I thought about it but wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not yet.
tm1m1tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm1m1tw
Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb

So do you actually use the rear A/C in your build? I thought about it but wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not yet.

Check out this thread by boywonder. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=11764&start=105
I linked to the page where you can see how he routed his rear AC, but you should view the entire thread for ideas and to check out his work.

Sportsmobile will install vents in the rear pillar for vans that have rear AC and are getting a top installed. I think it would be beneficial to have rear AC even if its just the cool down the rear part of the van while you're driving. I can tell a huge difference between just running the front and running the front and rear.
Old 08-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #5

I'd be happy to buy the rear a/c from you if I had the cash...
I've always wanted it.

Toss the parts you don't want on CL, but only accept cash in person.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #6

Garage

Old 08-26-2015, 05:44 PM   #7

throw them on craigslist under barter and see what people come up with.
Gatorbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:24 PM   #8

My 2008 E350 was a passenger van and had seats in the back (12 passenger). The seats were in excellent shape and I sold them on craigslist for $450. The guy who bought the seats was actually a used car dealer and he said someone stole all the rear seats out of a van on his lot a few days earlier.

I ended up giving away the rear carpet to a guy who bought the stock wheels and tires. I did use the carpet as a pattern for the new floor before giving it away.

Keep the rear air.......as mentioned, check out my build thread on ways to reroute the vents if you get a penthouse top or raised roof.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 08:33 AM   #9

If I ever do a pop-top, I plan on re-attaching the existing headliner to the bottom of the bed platform, and use a foam flange to allow it to mate together with the rear section of headliner while the platform is lowered.

That said... for now a pop-top wouldn't work for how I use my van. I need the extra gear capacity of the roof rack. Much more than I think I can put on a penthouse top.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #10

The bench seats get a lot of interest on Craigslist (at least here in NJ they do). I had someone willing to drive 3 hours one way for a 4 passenger bench from a 2000 for $150. The 3 passenger benches I sold for $75 each and I was the lowest price on CL at the time.
mk3mike is offline   Reply With Quote