Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2019, 03:51 PM   #11

I would get the 6” Weldtec lift. The long arms and taller springs work well together and make for a ride that won’t hit the bumpstops as often when going through rough sections of road.

Fox -agile tuned shocks are a must. I have them now and don’t even run a sway bar because they are valved so well.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:17 AM   #12

All, thanks for your thoughts on this. Today I ordered the Baja Grocery Getter and rear spring pack after a conversation with Jeremy from Weldtec. His team will be doing the install the week of Sept 9th, after which I will drive from California to Seattle with the van fully loaded in 'travel mode'.

I'll report back with my initial thoughts on the ride and performance when I get back to Seattle.

Thanks!
jjbusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #13

Looking forward to hearing your review on the Weldtec Baja kit. Started looking at that upgrade, but didn't want to raise an already top heavy vehicle higher. We have a pop top from CCV.
GVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:16 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVan View Post
Looking forward to hearing your review on the Weldtec Baja kit. Started looking at that upgrade, but didn't want to raise an already top heavy vehicle higher. We have a pop top from CCV.
Yeah, that is one of my concerns. We have the 30" Fiberine camper top, so we already are at ~2.9m high. With the additional height we are looking at 3m on the econoline stance. My driving style is a bit spirited (bmw & mini are my other vehicles), so I was a bit hesitant to go for the 6" lift.

I am trusting the comments I have read on this site along with my conversation with Jeremy at weldtec, which indicate that even with the increased height there is an improvement in overall handling. Jeremy also mentioned that most people do the 6" so they can go to the larger tires, which evidently significantly improves the ride/handling.

As I'm a total novice on all of this, I am trusting the experts and those who have gone before regarding. Now to save up the $$ for new tires (thankfully the KO2's we installed before our trip are getting close to needing replacement).

Wish me luck! [emoji1696]
Old 08-15-2019, 09:44 PM   #15

Local Lurker

Following this thread as I am considering a similar mod. A couple good pointers on finding axles that are definitely appreciated. I may swing by Weldtec that week to see the mod in process!
DevineIntervention is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #16

I had Weldtec install a two inch front end lift and Fox shocks on my Chevy Express van earlier this year to help in leveling the van. My van is 2wd and I primarily use it to tow my 22 foot travel trailer. I do an occasional mild off road excursion while we are camping. This is just my opinion but the Fox shocks make a big difference in the ride quality while on the streets! I'll be installing Fox shocks on the rear axle in the future.
newoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 03:21 PM   #17

I installed the 6" lift from Weldtec very pleased, Jeremy is good to work with.
skltex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 05:35 PM   #18

SKLTEX : Please post up some pics of your 6” Weldtec lift.
Old 09-01-2019, 07:27 PM   #19

6"Weldtec lift
Attached Thumbnails
Van Lift.jpg  
skltex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:33 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by skltex View Post
6"Weldtec lift
Thanks for posting the picture. The extra height is actually my main concern, as I have the Fiberine 30" camper. Your picture doesn't look like it raised the height of the vehicle too much.

My install is scheduled for late next week. I look forward to seeing and feeling the results!