In with the new, out with the old.
I picked up a 2013 E350 5.4l V8 passenger van. The rough goal is a camper van capable of safely hauling the fiancé and kids safely. Suitable as a daily driver. Capable of handling long baja wash roads at relatively high speeds for surgical strikes south of the border. Budget friendly (aka Sportsmobile is out). I will outsource the top and possible suspension work, but other mod's will be done in house.
The plan for the build:
* 4wd or 2wd with a winch and locker, and 4" maximum lift
(debating Agile Offroad, Camburg, Ujoint, or
* CCV pop top scheduled in April
* Rear aluminess bumper (from old van)
* Homeade front bumper with winching capabilities and recovery points
* Rear E-locker
* Rock n Roll or Sofa Bed (must be safe)
* Similar to a RB 50 layout
* Larger gas tank
* Anti-theft devices (undecided on how/what)
* Auxillary power with solar
* Roof Rack
* Dinette and camping amenities to be determined
Here is the old and new vans side by side.