Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #91

All lights on..then just cheap harbor freight lights...impressive...

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:18 PM   #92

Ray, the honeycomb pattern that has open holes is for the 6.0, I've yet to see a gasser with those same holes open.
And where I used to work and now working there again we tend to see a shit ton of vans.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:51 PM   #93

EGT gauge went in today!! Damn harbor freight tap and die set said it was a 1/8 28 npt..

It wasn't..don't know what it is...so a trip to the hardware store happened...1/4 npt (npt are tapered so they will tighten before they bottom out) tap..and 5 min...K type probe installed...

Roto zip the mounting hole....key power from the radio....

It is ESSENTIAL to know what your engine is doing before adding performance mods and a tuner...you don't wanna melt stuff like pistons..

A hard pull up hill tells me I can do quite a bit to Yolanda before I need to worry about damages....a good 1/2 mile steep grade out of town just barely tickled 1100* at wide open throttle....and shes got a leaky exhaust donut...new bellows down pipes to the turbo are gonna get ordered...then a 4in. Straight pipe will be bolted on..

Then the tuner....

I opted for the green LED as all the rest are green...but I had the blue one on my 1985 6.9 I put a banks turbo on.

They allow you to set alarms and even trigger a 12 volt relay for meth-water/whatever injection..pretty slick for $30 on eBay..

Old 07-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAM298, post: 2496788, member: 181483
Looking good man! Looks like you'll be all set for the UP trip coming up, can't wait to see it in person.
A month away TODAY!!!

AC lines will be in this week...the new Garmin Inreach plus is purchased and I'm playing with the mapping and the messaging...
Finished stitching the top ( right in front of the dining room AC..

I even got some of my patches and stickers put on inside!!

Trying not to start anything big..

Several officers stopped last night at the fire works to check her out..and everyone in my group enjoyed the 360* scene lighting when it was time to pack up!!

Oh and I got another score on mil-spec cases..keeping some..

Old 07-09-2018, 04:39 AM   #95
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Tony your van is looking a LOT different from when I saw it back a few months ago---WOW!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 06:01 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Tony your van is looking a LOT different from when I saw it back a few months ago---WOW!
Thanks JWA..I'm easily bored...lol!!
Old 07-10-2018, 04:36 AM   #97
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer-RRORC View Post
Thanks JWA..I'm easily bored...lol!!
Me too----in fact I say whoever coined the phrase if it ain't broke don't fix it....... remains horrendously misdirected!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #98

Well its been a busy couple weeks...ok..week...whew!!

We got momma her new to us Jetta GLI..think GTI sport only a sedan...leather...loaded..factory performance suspension and turbo 2.0....

And its fast..

Stoopit fast..

I threatened to take it to work so I could drive a fast car again..

Momma teased me and said no...

So

I ordered the TC 6 position tuner...muhahaha (more like toddler yelling *my fast toy*)

It came in today and I got it installed..the van ECU bolts wouldn't come loose so I had to pull it from the inside...what a night mare!! 10 min job took an hour..and I had to pull the driver seat outta the way (glad they are on quick disconnect spin bases)

Here's the review....my youngest son came with me (hes my garage buddy)

Tunes r stock ,50,75,100,140hp 75hp is supposed to be the economy tune..

50 hp took that little bit I wanted and gave it too me..she felt like it has 3:73 ratio not the 3:29 (highway gears so hills it slows down..)..bishop noticed no difference..

75hp..felt like the ecodiesel did after her tuner (which was 300hp..van is 240+75 is 310hp...makes sense)....bishop said it felt better...agrees it feels like the ecosiesel

100hp...well well...HELLOOOO....getting too dark to really enjoy that...but probably gonna be my setting when on the freeway in a hurry...Bishop held on and commented it was really fast and almost too fast for being a van...had to turn the light bar on so we could see where we were gonna be in a second..

140hp....
Mother
Of
GOD...

20-80 in about 1.5 seconds....bishops phone slid UP the chair and was under his butt and he howled with EXCITEMENT..I ran out of headlight/light bar and high beam..and just HELD ON FOR THE RIDE!!!!

The 140hp setting is too fast....I love it...

She does a pretty good puff of smoke on 140 when I put it to the floor...the turbo spools the engine gets QUIETER?? and she goes like a bat outta hell...

I did see an EGT of 1140 near the end of one 140 pull.....flat ground....so definitely no towing with that...other temps were about average or lower...but only a 8 mile run thru hilly 2 lane..Click image for larger version

Name:	0713181937.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	21624Click image for larger version

Name:	0713182037.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	21625Click image for larger version

Name:	0710181450b.jpg
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	21626Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1530927741713.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	21627
Old 07-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #99

1140 deg on the 140hp tune running 3.73’s?? That is pretty dang good. I can max at 1250 on a long hill climb stock w 3.73 and 33’s. If I go into DP’s 60 or 80hp tunes, I have to be very careful as it will climb quickly to 1250 and beyond plus rolls a bunch of coal.

I am interested in more info on the TC tuner if you are getting low EGT’s and little to no “coal”.

Love your thread!
Old 07-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
1140 deg on the 140hp tune running 3.73’s?? That is pretty dang good. I can max at 1250 on a long hill climb stock w 3.73 and 33’s. If I go into DP’s 60 or 80hp tunes, I have to be very careful as it will climb quickly to 1250 and beyond plus rolls a bunch of coal.

I am interested in more info on the TC tuner if you are getting low EGT’s and little to no “coal”.

Love your thread!
I'm running stock tires (32) and it has super tall 3:29 ratio..temp is taken right off the passenger side exhaust manifold as close to the exhaust port on the block.