Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2020, 06:53 AM   #171
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer-RRORC View Post
So we had to go get for new u-bolts, fortunately O'Reilly's in Grove City happen to have exactly what we needed on the shelf!!
That shocks me---I once ORDERED a Motorcraft COP from that store, their sales rep called it in for me, 20 minutes later I'm in the store and they can't find the order.

I left without the part and bought from the dealer--much easier that way.

Glad you're back on the road Wanderer---you've got a ton of work in your van!

JWA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
That shocks me---I once ORDERED a Motorcraft COP from that store, their sales rep called it in for me, 20 minutes later I'm in the store and they can't find the order.

I left without the part and bought from the dealer--much easier that way.

Glad you're back on the road Wanderer---you've got a ton of work in your van!
Thanks JWA!! Im easily bored!!
Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:38 PM   #173

New kit for the van!!

Scored a 9500lb waterproof winch I couldn't pass up!!

A hitch cradle lets me put it front or rear on the van n my Jeep (hitches on both ends of both vehicles!)

Having done enough night trips I went ahead and put some spare led spotlights that have a switch on the control box (uses winch power)

$70 for the 30ft jumper cables kit was cheaper than what the wiring would have been by the foot without the connectors.

Oh and went out n played in the snow with the e-locker on...donuts are fun again!!

Next up front axle!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2020, 03:55 AM   #174

Garage
Awesome, hitch mounted winches make so much sense.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:53 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post
Awesome, hitch mounted winches make so much sense.
They have some drawbacks...but I can use it front and rear on both my Jeep and van..so it's a very useful piece of kit!!
Old 03-08-2020, 03:54 PM   #176

Oops... Got bored and this went way faster with the corded impact gun I bought. I figured this would it take me three days it took me about an hour. So now all I got to do is knock this one apart get my locker steal the missing parts off the other one in the driveway in my sixties ready to go in...

Got all the nuts bolts and bracket for trackbar and steering stabilizer n primary radius arm bolts..not gonna knock it apart till I get the locker here..

The brackets for the van should be finished next week and on the way to the house!

ML OFFROAD has a new design and I'm lucky to get some of the first ones after testing!! Big write up coming!!

Thanks Michael!

She should be solid axle sometime in April!!!!

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Automotive-Repair-Shop/ML-Off-Road-1355330254554235/[/URL]

I've also ordered a rear storage box for the back door! 36x17x16..should be enough for recovery gear n kitchen stuffs!! Possibly a generator soon and some ideas I have for air conditioning and heat ports thru the box!!

Also heading to Daniel Boone Kentucky this weekend with a big group!!!

Old 03-10-2020, 06:47 PM   #177

It's Christmas day! Sold some stuff and funded the rear exterior cargo box purchase..it's not super thick but does give me a place to store the kerosene for the heater and recovery gear. My trasharoo with my wok and grill basket fit really nice too..looks like it would hold 3 milk crates worth of stuff plus..

Heck even my oztent table (from Artemis off-road) looks perfectly at home..

(8) 5/16 bolts with big washers and locknut's bolt it to the door...I gotta get some licence plate lights and wire an inside light to it..it's 36x17 wide x 16 deep..just a little deeper than my 4 stack of maxsa Trax..

Box was $112 from Amazon

Old 03-29-2020, 02:17 PM   #178

Got sick at camp and forgot to post the trip report from Daniel Boone scenic byway, end up getting sick because of the rain,cigars and peach moonshine and peach crown Royal!

Did some pretty extreme roads that normally I wouldn't take other individuals on that weren't in well-built four-wheel drives but we did manage to make it through,spiked an old tire and had to change it.

Got back that day set the ARB room up and put my diesel heater in it so that we could all get warm and dry.

The next day we went to nada tunnel and drove around some of red River gorge.

We did end up with a little bit of mud inside though!!

Old 03-29-2020, 10:25 PM   #179

Thanks for posting up pics of your build here! Lots of great ideas and amazing work.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:31 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerson View Post
Thanks for posting up pics of your build here! Lots of great ideas and amazing work.
Thanks man!! It's been fun working on her!!