Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #191

Wired tonight. Last 2 pictures I put the yellow lenses on. Outters are flood beam lenses otherwise it's all spot beam..

Wicked bright!!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_205328817.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	33252Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_205415898.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	33253Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_205440320.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	33254Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_205704328.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	33255Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200512_205826754.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	33256

Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 07:49 AM   #192
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
L-O-V-E the pin-up art-----nice touch!

Out of curiosity does he do custom work?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:33 AM   #193

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer-RRORC View Post
... a very good friend of mine's lady does pin-up art ...
Attachment 33229
I'd have been proud to tape that on the inside door of my locker!
Old 05-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
L-O-V-E the pin-up art-----nice touch!

Out of curiosity does he do custom work?
It was his girlfriend..and I do believe she would!
Old 06-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #195

It appears as though Yolanda lost something. And then this little guy come wheelinf around the corner and I asked him if he wanted some place to sleep he tucked himself right in..

Still a lot to do mounting brackets to be drilled suspension parts to be installed brake lines connected. And then a completely different weekend I got to do everything to get the 4 x 4 box installed. Then she will be 4 wheel drive

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2020, 06:54 PM   #196

Still waiting on my bolts and trackbar to arrive....... Then drill holes n do brakelines/shocks...

Got the crossmember cut and might have gotten a little carried away by the frame side but not quite enough in the pumpkin space..

She's on the springs and has her finish tires on temporary so i could get a height and a look where things will finish up...

Overall lift is 5in with no spring spacers over stock van height. So 4in from spring and Dana 60 perches and a bump of an inch from the tire.

She's sitting pretty flat!!

Oh ujoint isn't offering the fuel tank shortening kit for sale seperate so it looks like I'm going to be visiting a friend who's far more talented than I am to weld my fuel tank up.

If my trackbar doesn't show up by Thursday I'm gonna go ahead with my own design. I can't wait any longer for ML OFFROAD. I have no updates without threatening to go-to the bank. 2 other guys have had the same issues..one has had the 2 month delay and the run around. Another guy was without his van for 4 months..

The kits nice..but my timeline was to have her done by June...now August is my reasonable full completion goal.

Once trackbar is in I can get my driveway alignment done and get her to the tire shop.

Old 07-09-2020, 06:24 AM   #197

Okay so I had any updates lately it's been very very hot here so efforts been minimal plus we've got my wife a new convertible and I've been troubleshooting the hydraulic motor on it.

Ended up the ml off-road track bar bracket won't work because I'm not going very tall I think you have to do a minimum of a 4in lift to be able to clear. It was resting directly on my pumpkin with a mounted in place..

It's a pretty stout unit I'll probably go ahead and sell it once I get a couple miles on the van and I'm sure I don't want to change over to that design..

So with that said I have drill to put capture nuts on the factory cast iron bracket track bar. Bought a BD diesel solid machine track bar very Stout just as strong as the original I read some reviews for people who bought cheaper ones and had them bend definitely don't want that happened while I'm hauling kiddos.

ended up having to make some ugly shock extensions cuz I just bought these Fox 2.0 s last year and I'm kind of tired of spending money at the moment so I still have full wheel travel but I needed to gain about four more inches of shock length. They're ugly but they'll work for now they're welded to the factory bracket at the bottom to keep them lined up.

I did a quick driveway alignment I got the F-250 pitman arm that I still need to ream out a little bit more and then the steering's all dialed in. I have a 45 degree offset on My keyways. look at the pictures to see the difference.. and let me tell you that thing is hard as hell to drill!!

Neither going to put bump stops on it I only have about 2 inches of up travel until my pumpkin will contact the crossmember but it may be the lowest four wheel drive conversion aside from a twin beam I'm not sure. But I didn't want to give up my 880 s helwig front springs is they Ride amazing!! and I tried to pull the bolt that holds the lower spring perch and can't get it off of either one of my Dana 60 axles so putting a puck underneath the spring perches not going to happen without a torch...eek!!!

Got to put fluid in the differential bleed the brakes and put the track bar ball joint in on the axle and she will be ready for her maiden voyage!!!

the track bar ball joint got lost in the mail that's two major key components that have been lost in the mail on this build now. But it only delayed me like 3 days and today was a much cooler day here in Ohio after it poured down rain!

I'm stoked to almost be done with the axle install!!! I miss driving her!!

Oh..it looks like she may level out with the front axle..no more big rear end in the air!!

Old 07-28-2020, 05:30 AM   #198

Just completed her first shakedown run but the front axle install. I didn't end up stopping and getting 2 degree camber bushings swapping it out in the parking lot and then we proceeded to spend the next thousand Miles getting them dialed in I think she's really really close but going to need a steering stabilizer or rear sway bar to help with the new body roll.

I think my front springs might be a little too stiff. I was just reading somebody said the 880s is a 600-lb spring where the f350s or a 400 lb spring so I might need to swap them out and or are my tires down from 65 PSI. I had them up as we were doing alignment issues.

ride needs to be a little bit softer but turns way tighter than the stock front end and we had some fun running some sand roads and even managed to get stuck pretty well well I stopped cuz my buddies van got bogged down and I got bogged down in the low spot.

All in all very happy with how she did. Probably going to start to transfer case swap in September or October it's just too hot right now to be doing anything and I have a bunch of little things to do around the house.

Camping this weekend too!! Yippie!!

Old 07-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #199

Got some confirmation and gotta share.

The stock f350 coils I have are the .073 diam ones per the chart I'm going to send. They are WAY softer ride than the cc880s I have. I gained 1in over their height so on a diesel van swap they are a 3.5in lift coil. I didn't bottom out like I had with the cc880s so I think the linear vs progressive rate is helpful for that too.

The superduty stock .730 coils Ride like my stock twin beam suspension with the cc880s coils did vs the stock van coils.

The cc880s coils are just too stiff for the solid axle swap since it's not geometrically the same as the twin beam.

Black coils are hella cc880s rusted ones are stock f350 coils off my 2005 donor truck.

I've regained my sweet smooth ride again..and probably going to have to install the 1in rear lift block I kept..

Also found a long body 2005 stocker to get some comparison shots of. I'm a full mirror taller and headlight taller. So 5-6in.

Loving the ride..second camp trip this weekend!!!!

Top circle line is hella cc880 bottom of the circle is the cc880s rates n length compressed

Cliff notes
F350 coils 3.5 lift in van SUPER nice ride

Old 08-03-2020, 07:53 PM   #200

super fun weekend in Allegheny still don't have the steering dialed in quite right I think I'm going to take it over to the four-wheel drive shop and have it looked at. Got a lotta Castor out at the bottom and it still doesn't track perfectly right still squirrely..