Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2021, 01:00 PM   #221

Current setup

Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:54 PM   #222

I got the longer arm today and drilled it from the other side to create a modified style of a high steer.

Works
PERFECT!!
FINALLY for the first time since I swapped the front axle it doesn't have hardly any wander or bump steer!!

Here's the short dually arm compared to the longer one. Definitely gives me back my full range of sharp steering.

And totally misses hitting the frame or anything under the van. I had a fear the lower radiator hose would rub.

It's even a better look. Things are separated and don't look like they will hit each other during articulation and full steering..

Super happy with it!! No more weird suspension unloading and chasing the front end around!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2021, 07:56 PM   #223

Arms comparison

7* reaming from the top and I actually never even touched the factory big end bore..

So this is 100% viable to drill from the opposite side and correct steering angles!

Old 03-24-2021, 01:31 PM   #224

That’s a huge win. Thanks for posting!
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:16 PM   #225

Camping last week at Tar Hollow Chillicothe Ohio.

The bat wing and the propane fireplace were absolute game changers as was the sand mat I stretched out to keep us from sloshing all the mud up. I got to say I'm super impressed with how easily it rinsed out in the creek!!!

Also saw on a YouTube channel somebody had a USB rechargeable battery powered water faucet and bought one so I put my 5 gallon container underneath one of the seats and Rihanna piece of rigid nylon hose out I'm really impressed with it people are saying they're getting 30 to 40 gallons worth of water pumped before they have to recharge some folks are saying they go the entire season before they have to recharge. Somebody on YouTube also did a test and it was able to pull water vertically up 8 ft out of a water container so I don't worry about it drawing 6 ft from underneath my backseat!!

Old 04-20-2021, 08:58 PM   #226

Big project score today!!

1996 cargo box van rear fuel tank all I need to do is extend my hoses. It even came full of fuel and with the mounts $40!!

I mocked up my transfer case this week to see how much I needed to cut the tank and realize that I'm going to lose about 8 gallons and my front mounting point so I would definitely have to rework that I began looking online for fuel tanks and got lucky there was one for sale about an hour away!!

Going to try to get things swapped around over the course the next two weeks and then I can get my transfer case mounted and get drive shafts done and she'll finally be true four-wheel drive lockers front and rear!!

Oh and I finally put my pinupart on I figured out where I wanted it!! A buddy mine's wife made this for me several months ago and I've been trying to figure out where I wanted to put it!

Old 04-20-2021, 09:49 PM   #227

From scratch with her incredible heart. Love everything new you do. And you use the hell out of it.. that’s rad man.
Sporkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:54 AM   #228

I converting a 66 Chevy pick up long bed to 4x4 with a 454, a turbo 400 2wd auto years ago. I discovered that the NP 205's were not the only divorced units made. There were spicer 18 and a few others. I have 2 NP 205's sitting in my garage. A chevy and a Ford version. Many will tell you you need at least a 12" drive line in between which is good advice. I would set up the the unit so both drive lines (fore and aft) are of equal length so if you ever break one you can move the front to the back to get home, relieving the front drive shaft of a long drive home. Be sure to fortify your cross member sufficiently. I would use denser urethane mounts for support as well as the rear kick stand that was used in the Ford set ups. Since it is mid body you can clock the case on the front output side higher to avoid the unit hanging down so far.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:23 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkchop View Post
From scratch with her incredible heart. Love everything new you do. And you use the hell out of it.. that’s rad man.
Thanks.. every time I see what vans are selling for I think about putting her up..

Then I drive her.. and fall completely in love all over again!
Old 05-11-2021, 08:24 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
I converting a 66 Chevy pick up long bed to 4x4 with a 454, a turbo 400 2wd auto years ago. I discovered that the NP 205's were not the only divorced units made. There were spicer 18 and a few others. I have 2 NP 205's sitting in my garage. A chevy and a Ford version. Many will tell you you need at least a 12" drive line in between which is good advice. I would set up the the unit so both drive lines (fore and aft) are of equal length so if you ever break one you can move the front to the back to get home, relieving the front drive shaft of a long drive home. Be sure to fortify your cross member sufficiently. I would use denser urethane mounts for support as well as the rear kick stand that was used in the Ford set ups. Since it is mid body you can clock the case on the front output side higher to avoid the unit hanging down so far.
Yep yep!! I did the same in my explorer when I did the 205 twinstick.. gotta love equal length driveshafts.. and since I've decided to go to a rear fuel tank I'm not worried about keeping it super close to the trans!