Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2018, 03:02 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer-RRORC View Post
For that exact reason...my phone camera made the originals look twice as bright as they really were...

Now I can see my fuel gauge and freeway speeds!!

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
And it was just a bulb changeout? Any particular type like LED?

94' LR Discovery - built
KF7KOY
01E350AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 06:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01E350AZ View Post
And it was just a bulb changeout? Any particular type like LED?
yup!!

Direct swap...

6 of these https://www.ebay.com/itm/10x-T10-20-...BIDX%3AIT&_trk

2 of these (probably more for indicator lights.) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #33

Well that's been a fun 48 hours!! My truck sold and I wasn't ready!!!

Had to figure out a way to secure the top so I could daily drive her!! Also the seals are being shipped so I ended up GORILLA TAPING the edges so it would be weather tight!! (How hill billy!!)

But I did get it sealed up and the profile is in its final position..gotta get some more material and the linear actuators to lift the top..but I've got it figured out and I'm ready!!

Ordered the backup camera with full time monitor, radio, usb plugs and big switch gear for all the lights..

The kids LOVE how much room there is and keep teasing about Windows...so I put in a Lexan sky light in preparation for the removable sunroof this spring...looks great and they will love not feeling like cave people!!

Old 02-01-2018, 04:36 PM   #34
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
WOW!!! I a SO impressed by the knowledge and knowhow members posses on here to get things done! I am a buy it done kind of guy but always wish I could have that kind of talent and (probably) patience!! Fantastic job getting your kids involved, way to go begin 'parents of the year' award...they will always remember ! Keep us posted!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
WOW!!! I a SO impressed by the knowledge and knowhow members posses on here to get things done! I am a buy it done kind of guy but always wish I could have that kind of talent and (probably) patience!! Fantastic job getting your kids involved, way to go begin 'parents of the year' award...they will always remember ! Keep us posted!
Thanks!! I always drag my kiddos out with me! Teach them things school can't...

Old 02-07-2018, 05:58 PM   #36

Well the weather has kept business slow...so while waiting on the brown truck I got some bigger ticket things off my list!!

Got my coms programmed and cloned....even programmed some CB channels in AM to see how well they work...I did get the antennas mounted...HAM on the driver side fender..CB is on driver back bumper (and 20 foot of cable BARELY gets to her booty!) Ham base is driver dash with remote mounted on the right side where both driver and passenger can grab the Mic...(switch below is for HAM antenna and CB antenna)

Fridge socket is pulled and working...solar panels were mocked up and will get installed soon!!

Today Santa Brown delivered a big care package!!!

Radio is in..boy do I need good speakers and a small amp to drive a set of sub woofers....so the surround sound at camp and travels is perfect!!

Got the backup camera installed so its on when I'm driving (no back windows)..screen is marginal...might end up putting it on the radio with the ability to use any time!!

Also finished up the last of the dash lights to LED conversion...WICKED bright!!

OH!! Sunday I was supposed to do a transport for our foster pig....pull out of the driveway and wipers quit working...(big nasty snow) get down to parts store...check fuse..its fine...check wipers...they move free and I can hear the motor spinning....off to YOUTUBE and get it all taken apart....find it.....its a clip....and after hunting it down.....its DEALER ONLY..ON SUNDAY..so I have to cancel trip....Monday morning first thing...ford dealer had part in stock!! $15...

Old 02-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #37

Camera review the screenis grainy...but the night vision is INCREDIBLE!! So bright!! I may end up putting it on the touch screen....

Had to take yesterday and today working on the wifes VW..(2 days because I ordered the wrong specialty socket)...

But I did get the switch panel installed and ran off the house solar battery so I can keep a close eye on the battery levels...lights and inverter will end up on this panel..

Today most of the day was hanging with friends and kids at the fishing expo..

Old 02-11-2018, 11:20 AM   #38

Interesting location for your VHF radio, I may have to consider that. Thanks...........
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #39

Got bored on this rainy Sunday...late start didn't think I had materials.....I was wrong..tomorrow gonna pull the wire from the panels thru a water tight box and the power to the 360 lights...move some of the solar monitor gauges around too...

And mocked the awning location...

Old 02-18-2018, 05:47 PM   #40

Spent the day fitting camping gear in Yolanda....I've planned very well and have managed to get a HUGE portion of camp stuff stored away!! I need to get a smaller kitchen box but aside from that once the pop top is finished the mattress will be stored in the top bed..and ordering the lower cushions will finish the functional build out!! SO GLAD I got the long body...

Benches stained sealed and installed,
360* lights in and wired...solar mounted and working too!!

And I've decided to wrap her in green...I'm going PEARL WHITE/BLUE...I like the stealth of a white van....