Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2019, 07:33 AM   #1

Truma Combi 4 Propane Combination Water Boiler and Furnace Heater Now Available

Now available to the North American market to the aftermarket!
Previously these units were only available to OEM's but we have a access to complete Truma Combi Kits (at a signficiantly lower price than importing from the EU, and these units are actually approved for us in US and Canadian RV's.

More information available here:
http://www.trumaheaters.com

Discount code for SportsmobileForum Members $50 OFF "Sportsmobile2019"

cobratom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:00 AM   #2

Don’t see the diesel version. Do you have those available?
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post
Don’t see the diesel version. Do you have those available?
Unfortunately not. The Diesel version has never been certified for use in the USA or Canada, and therefore has never been brought in by Truma USA.
Odds are, they will never be available in North America unless a large enough OEM creates a large enough order to pay for the certification process and necessary changes.

The US/CAN version of the propane unit required many changes for the US Market.

Tom
Old 11-27-2019, 12:00 PM   #4

Actually is available in Diesel as a Chinese version. I have not ordered one but will attempt soon

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...B#shopping-ads
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:57 AM   #5

Nice. If you are able to order one please keep us updated. It would be a great find.
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
Actually is available in Diesel as a Chinese version. I have not ordered one but will attempt soon

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...B#shopping-ads
I will never understand why for minimal costs difference anyone would risk their lives or their van on a chinese replica that is not certified, tested or rated to any real standard. Some have suggested that this unit comes out of the same factory, when the truth is far from it. The Truma Combi from start to finish is manufactured in Germany.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:52 PM   #7

They have Chinese people in Germany too!

If it does come from China it has already survived the COVID-19 and is immune therefore one less spin on the roulette wheel!
So I noticed the subliminal advertising there... in plane site but blends in with the post, got it!

While we are on the subject, I was told the German Non-Chinese diesel version of the Truma Combi is not available in the USA true or false?
So if I am correct they do not offer the diesel unit in the USA and I have a diesel why not test it, with my coal mine canaries, of course and the blessings from PETA.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
They have Chinese people in Germany too!

If it does come from China it has already survived the COVID-19 and is immune therefore one less spin on the roulette wheel!
So I noticed the subliminal advertising there... in plane site but blends in with the post, got it!

While we are on the subject, I was told the German Non-Chinese diesel version of the Truma Combi is not available in the USA true or false?
So if I am correct they do not offer the diesel unit in the USA and I have a diesel why not test it, with my coal mine canaries, of course and the blessings from PETA.

I am not really sure where to go with this. I suppose we can start with the subliminal advertising part, You posted a link to a aliexpress knock off of a product I am selling, in my thread advertising said product, in the "Vendor Specials" section of the forum. There is nothing subliminal about this listing. I 100% in fact sell Truma Combi Heaters, and I 100% posted in the vendor section with the intention of advertising these for sale.

You may choose what you install and put in your van, I am simply offering some free advise since you posted in my thread. I 100% discourage anyone from using a replica product. You have no parts compatibility, no parts availability, no testing or certifications. It's simply not worth the gamble in my opinion at $999 + $400 shipping when you can have the real thing (albeit, propane) for $1599.

If these heaters were $400-500 /unit on Alibaba I would bring in a couple, get them fully tested and certified, and if they pass I would import and sell them, but that is simply not the case.
Old 05-13-2020, 08:57 AM   #9

Garage
If anyone ends up replacing a Suburban propane heater with one of these in their SMB, please post the results. With a 19 y/o water heater and furnace, I'd imagine that a single unit to do both might be a good way to go...
Old 05-13-2020, 09:25 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
If anyone ends up replacing a Suburban propane heater with one of these in their SMB, please post the results. With a 19 y/o water heater and furnace, I'd imagine that a single unit to do both might be a good way to go...
Many of our customers do this exact thing, one of our customers blogged about it with photos in a Roadtrek Zion van that had a suburban furnace and water heater.

http://rtsimplicitysrt.blogspot.com/2019/10/truma-install-in-roadtrek-simplicity.html?m=1