Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #21

Garage
I tried using the little slider when we were in motion but the screen on it makes a horrible sound when you drive with it open so we don't do that anymore. It's currently leaking at the T so like smack dab in the middle but only when we go through a car wash and the water is shooting straight at it, it never leaks when it's just raining outside.

Thanks again I appreciate the help and im gonna look into this windows soon if it doesn't sell.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:49 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Awww, I thought you might miss those windows! I love mine, especially because the previous owner did such a nice job on the window tints! Friends always comment on the privacy it affords. Nice job, Sweezyman!

Good thing mine isn't a V10, cause when I come over to show you the Siennas and reupholstered front seats, the PhoTow might mysteriously get stuck in your driveway.
Ha ha thanks and ya you better watch out!

I don't miss the windows as much as my family does, and as we all know family comes first in this van life.

Old 09-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #23

Hey this thread is helpful learning about window/slider options. Besides I am writing this laying in the back of my van looking at the most incredible cloudscape 360 degrees through my windows.

I had to go to Columbus yesterday decided to buy materials south of there and long story short had a lay over- thus first 'boondock'. It is easy to hide in HellBetty sleeping on the floor but when platform bed is in I'll need window coverings for sure! My kids and I always inform each other where we stay on the road but my daughter calls HellBetty my midlife crisis.

If I hit the right forum thread it saves me research time because I'd love to have some slider windows in mine.
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:35 AM   #24

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
I tried using the little slider when we were in motion but the screen on it makes a horrible sound when you drive with it open so we don't do that anymore. It's currently leaking at the T so like smack dab in the middle but only when we go through a car wash and the water is shooting straight at it, it never leaks when it's just raining outside.

Thanks again I appreciate the help and im gonna look into this windows soon if it doesn't sell.
HEY JSWEEZY you are supposed to close your van windows before going through the car wash!!
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:19 AM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
HEY JSWEEZY you are supposed to close your van windows before going through the car wash!!
Ooooooooooohh, I guess that would help... ha ha.

But seriously they are closed, it only happens for a second and then it's done, more annoying than anything else.

Old 09-23-2016, 07:29 AM   #26

I have a window van as well and I like it.......you get rear heat/air.....better chance of a full float rear axle.....headliner and lots of rear interior trim....well most of that stuff has been replaced at this point

The only window I don't really need is the rear most one on the driver's side....so I have one extra instead of having to add the other two to a cargo.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:42 AM   #27

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
I have a window van as well and I like it.......you get rear heat/air.....better chance of a full float rear axle.....headliner and lots of rear interior trim....well most of that stuff has been replaced at this point

The only window I don't really need is the rear most one on the driver's side....so I have one extra instead of having to add the other two to a cargo.
Ya, when I got this van I made sure it had rear air/heat because my wife wouldn't have approved without it. It didn't have a full float but since my van doesn't have RSC, I was planning on slapping a sterling under it anyway. It did have a headliner when I bought it which was funny, but it didn't have the AC vent holes and was pretty dirty so I decided it was basically a waste.

I'm debating on ordering the Adrian Steele van liner and trying to paint it tan (which I heard can be done as long as its scuffed up good) because I think that's ultimately what I want and then I can think hard about adding more windows.

I'm gonna leave it for sale for a little while longer just because I guess but I'm leaning more towards keeping it anyway. I've done so much work to it that I literally don't think there is anything that hasn't been touched, besides the engine.

Boywonder - by the way, I just found your build thread and am excited to read it after I just flipped through it last night.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:56 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post

Boywonder - by the way, I just found your build thread and am excited to read it after I just flipped through it last night.

It's extensive....brew some coffee.....
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:15 PM   #29

boywonder's build thread is inspiring, great attention to detail. I went through it before I even got my van.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:45 PM   #30

Garage
SOLD!!

To me... I was planning on getting the exhaust re routed and the front driveshaft in, making this van done and ready to be set free. But alas, this van and all of its pain in the butt issues just won't let me part with him. So it looks like I am stuck with a bad ass van that doesn't know how to do things the easy way.

Onward and Upward!