Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #1

1988 Get-Away Van

Not mine, no affiliation

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4598171499.html

Not an SMB, but this is a great way to get into van camping on the cheap. I recently got a 1987 with a slightly different layout. It's been ver helpful in giving me ideas for my someday-forever SMB or home-build. This one looks in much better condition than mine.

If considering, check out the rear axle. Mine is an E150, and I had to pretty much have it rebuilt. It wasn't really made for that kind of weight.

If you are in a hot climate like me, you'll also need to re-insulate the roof. There is hardly anything on top (thin layer of quilting foam). I can see daylight glowing through areas of mine. In fairness, these were made in Vancouver where sun isn't really an issue.

From my manual, I can say the dinette table is a swing-away. Kind of a neat concept, but it is in the way on one side unless using it. The extra bump on the back rooftop is nice for the bunk bed.

If anyone is interested and has specific questions about the type of build, PM me and I can look at mine.

jpau00 is offline   Reply With Quote