Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2020, 01:51 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

1991 Ford E-Series Van E250 4x4 Campervan Hightop

1991 Ford E-Series Van E250 4x4 Campervan Hightop On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Ford-E-Series-Van-E250/254609215541?

tomsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 11:55 AM   #2

This would be a great starter van, then I saw the price. $30k?!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 06:42 PM   #3

What do you think about the rebuilt engine? Any reason someone would have replaced it at such a low mileage?
I absolutely love the look of it, my friends keep discouraging me from purchasing.
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 09:45 PM   #4

Looks great. It's for sale locally here in the Bay Area. A friend of mine went to check it out. It's been for sale for a long while now. Found it back in May when we bought ours. Engine isn't as much a red flag for me as knowing the transmission likely will need some help in the coming miles.

Love the high top and 4x4, but a lot of the inside has a homebuilt vibe that doesn't fit the asking price. The fact that it's not for sale on here or EP is a sign to me that they don't know what the hell they're doing.

That thing should be $18k, $22k tops in my head:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...195202345.html
bisonthecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:56 AM   #5

Thank you so much for replying! I went and test drove it on Sunday. I love that it's a high top, has sliding windows with screens, 4x4 (necessary for where I live), and that it's just old enough to have it's own special aesthetic. The interior does need a lot of work, but it'll be nice to be able to put a little of my own elbow grease & design into it. I've asked a couple of people for advice since I never really know what I'm doing when it comes to checking out vehicles & engines and most everyone is saying to pass, but I don't think they understand how rarely you come across something that already has the bones of exactly what you want. Maybe I'll be able to use the transmission factor as a bargaining chip - thank you.
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford e-series van