http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/rv ... 58748.html
Come get her before we change our minds! Our family is sad to see this wonderful machine go. I'm only putting her up for sale because we are losing our place to park her and can't justify the cost of a third car and this wonderful recreational vehicle.
The EB-27 floor plan is one of the best. Check out: http://www.sportsmobile.com/1_std-eb-plans.html
The two captains chairs are perfect for car seats and boosters if you have small kids like us. You can really strap them down, and it's much safer than attaching them to a sideways bench seat.
It carries 8 with seat belts. There's a penthouse bed, and the couch folds out into a double bed. Captains chairs and passenger seat swivel 360 degrees. Two tables inside with this cool attachment to turn them into outdoor tables. Sink/faucet with 6 gal fresh water tank. Big grey water holding tank. Thetford porta-potty (thought we'd never use it... can't live without it now on road trips). Propane stove works great. Amazing amount of storage. Comes with an AC/DC TV/DVD combo, and a Microwave that I removed for extra storage space. We've got years of service records from previous owners, too. Like many who end up buying these caravans we looked at VW Westfalia Vans, and though I've done my fair share of surfing through the GoWesty site admiring the design of the late 80s german caravans (and have friends that own them), we've been very happy with this Made in the USA, cheap to repair, venerable van, and I'm almost positive we'll end up owning another Sportsmobile some day.
- Runs great. Love driving her on the open road. I even take her into work through downtown every once and a while. Always a pleasure to drive. Good power, good brakes, good steering, good suspension. Needs nothing! 153k well maintained.
- Brand new tires
- Brand new water pump (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002XM ... UTF8&psc=1
- Brand new pure sine wave power inverter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00153 ... UTF8&psc=1
- Brand new Sears Platinum House Batter (http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinum-m ... Redirect=y
- Propane valve replaced by http://www.yelp.com/biz/pasadena-propane-pasadena
- Replaced bulbs with power sipping LEDs throughout
- Pop Top Canvas and mesh windows are in create condition for the age and use
- Paint and band decal look amazing for the age
- AC blows cold, heater blows hot
- Air suspension
- Trailer hitch
THE NOT SO GOOD:
- The Fridge only works off of shore power (AC) so I took it out. May be an easy fix to get it to work off of DC. Haven't had the time to check it out.
- Little pebble dings have turned into cracks on the windshield.
- Cruise control is disabled.
- Radio doesn't have an aux input (bugs me... maybe you too).
- Nothing! Seriously. She's ready for a cross country trip tomorrow. All the curtains, hoses, cables you need are all there are ready for the road.
$14.5k gets her sold this weekend, but I'm willing to negotiate for the right new home. No rush to sell. Open to partial or full trade for a diesel VW or Mercedes wagon. Please leave messages. Texting is fine too.