Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2016, 07:03 PM   #1

Garage
1997 E450 7.3L / 4WD --- $17k --- Bend, Oregon

*** not mine / no affiliation ***

Pretty burly-looking rig.......dig it........
Ad mentions recently rebuilt transmission, new turbo, etc -- sounds pretty well kept.

238,000 miles on the 7.3L turbodiesel.
(*** I see no mention of what outfit did the 4WD conversion. ***)

party on

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

1997 Ford E-450 Custom 4x4 Conversion Sportsmobile, 7.3 Diesel - $16995

https://bend.craigslist.org/ctd/5439808114.html

1997 Ford E-150 Custom
1997 Ford E-150 Custom 0-Doors Passenger Van
Red Exterior, Gray Interior, gas, Automatic Transmission, Engine

Key Features

Take a look at this monster. This is a Ford E450 chassis van with a 7.3L turbo diesel engine and a 4x4 conversion. This thing is something very special and is ready to handle even the most extreme expeditions. This van has a very nice lift kit with brand new shocks and brand new tires. The engine has great service history and we have receipts for a new turbo, glow plugs, and lots more. This one also just had the transmission fully rebuilt about 1500 miles ago. Check out the awesome roof rack designed to hold surf boards, kayaks, skis, snowboards, or anything else you can fit up there. There is also a slide out awning. This one has a full auxiliary battery system with one front and 2 house batteries. The house batteries are very expensive gel batteries and it also has a huge power inverter to plug any electronics you would like into it. Check out the front brush guard. This one also comes with a trailer hitch winch capable of going in the front or back. You have to check this one out. It is a fraction of the price of Sportsmobiles and other conversions and has all the potential. Come check this one out today.

For more information about this vehicle:
Phone: (541) 323-1001
wholesaleautoconnection.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:40 PM   #2

This add confuses me. The add says E150 and E450. I did not think that Ford made a van body for the 450 chassis. Do you think someone mounted the van body on the chassis?
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:29 PM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
This add confuses me. The add says E150 and E450. I did not think that Ford made a van body for the 450 chassis. Do you think someone mounted the van body on the chassis?
I gotta admit that is pretty confusing!
Lotsa different designations bouncing around in that ad, like you're saying (E150, E450, etc....)

At first blush, I assumed there was no way it could be an E150, as it has such burly running gear (and that 7.3 --- did they even install that motor in anything less than an E250 or E350?)

E450's all indeed seem to be cutaway chassis models...to spend the time/effort to mount a full van body on a cutaway chassis seems SOOOOO not worth the effort, but ya never know, eh??

If i was placing a bet....based on what little there is between my ears anyway....I'd put my chips on this actually being an E350.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:43 PM   #4

I entered the license plate number in a carfax record check and it came back as an E150. I'm sure the ad is wrong about having a 7.3 PSD.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:55 PM   #5

i test drove it and spoke to previous owner. Its a 7.3 ambulance with a e-150 body on top of the frame with plate welded on the back of the body/frame gap. It has a midwest something 4x4 conversion. not kroger, ujoint, sportmobile or quigley.
bigvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:32 PM   #6

Also it my a be an E350. The E450 min wheelbase is 158". The body-matched vin (and therefore mismatched from chassis) could cause registration problems in some states.