Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2016, 11:47 PM   #11

I tHinK tHiS VaN Is LeGit!

gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:19 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
I tHinK tHiS VaN Is LeGit!
Sure, just leave the cash (in $20 bills, non sequential) in a brown paper bag, after midnight, behind the statue of Bernie Madoff in the city park. I'll then phone you the location of the van.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #13

You're pretty close, Herb. The "owner" emailed me back:

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in replying, the motorhome is still for sale if you want to buy it. My name is Lily Campbell and now I am the legal owner of the 1997 Airstream B190 Camper. The airstream is a 1997 Airstream b190, which is a built on a Ford E350 chassis, it included significant design/equipment changes, including the use of the Ford 6.8L V-10 Triton engine and a redesigned bathroom with a sink and wet shower. The engine was replaced in 2009 at 74,250 miles and so the current engine has approximately 25,000 miles on it. The RV components include a refrigerator, a stove/oven, two sinks (kitchen and bathroom), a toilet and shower. There are two sleeping areas as shown in the photos: the couch folds down into a bed and there is another area above the driver's and passenger's seats that can be accessed with a ladder. Please see the photos that show the internal layout and list the various standard features. The RV has the following features that were considered optional/upgrades for this model year: double sink, 3-burner stove, 2.8 KW generator, awning. Brake, blinkers and running lights all work, drop down windows with bars and screen option. Nothing wrong with the motorhome at all, title in hand. RV runs like a dream! Tires have low miles on them, all new tires put on in December. It has no damage.The price that I have decided to sell it is $1500. If you decide to buy it, I want to let you know that you will have 5 days to inspect it once it is delivered to your address. I have all the documents, service records, owner's manuals, clean title and will come with it.

Unfortunately, my husband abandoned us three months ago.....I got this camper in the divorce and now I want to sell it ASAP. The RV was never towed since the divorce and it was stored properly. The camper is located in Provo, Utah, but the shipping is already paid so you don't need to worry, I had an buyer in your state who couldn't take the loan from his bank after we made arrangements to ship it, and the trucking company won't refund me so I can deliver it to your address if you buy it. If you have any questions about the camper or if you want more photos please feel free to ask.

God bless you,
Lily
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:43 AM   #14

Never mind that the CL ad only has one photo and it's of the exterior...

My favorite part is that she "had an buyer in [my] state." So specific! I just get a warm fuzzy.

That's followed closely by the fact that said buyer needed a loan from his bank to buy a $1500 van.

AND the seller prepaid the shipping cost. Cuz of course, everybody does that... Which, incidentally, would eat most/all of her $1500 proceeds from the sale.

Geez. If this is a tutorial for other potential scammers, it's a what-not-to-do.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:48 AM   #15
Site Team

Sounded like such a canned response, that I searched on the last paragraph of your reply. Here's what I came across very quickly. Sound familiar?

"Unfortunately, my husband abandoned us three months ago.....I got this trailer in the divorce and now I want to sell it ASAP. The travel trailer was never towed since the divorce and it was stored properly. The trailer is located in Provo, Utah, but the shipping is already paid so you don't need to worry, I had an buyer in your state who couldn't take the loan from his bank after we made arrangements to ship it, and the trucking company won't refund me so I can deliver it to your address if you buy it. If you have any questions about the trailer or if you want more photos please feel free to ask."

Buying a New to me Scamp! - Fiberglass RV

Herb
Old 12-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #16

That's awesome Herb, and absolutely not a surprise.

God bless you too, Lily!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #17

Garage
that's a crazy coincidence. a van just like that one is for sale here too and the exact same thing happened to the person here selling it. such a small world. I almost wanna buy it just to help the lady out.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #18

These poor women and their awful, evil, abandoning men!
Old 12-14-2016, 10:36 PM   #19

Garage
Next time you communicate with the seller, tell her to send it to me COD. That should take care of all the worries. I mean, seeing as how the shipping is already paid for...