Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2021, 01:22 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

2000 FORD E250 ECONOLINE V8 RECREATIONAL QUIGLEY 4X4 fully converted Camping

2000 FORD E250 ECONOLINE V8 RECREATIONAL QUIGLEY 4X4 fully converted Camping On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265341641134?

tomsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:49 AM   #2

Nice van, but if you buy, check the torque arms, it's a Quigley.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiSportsmobile View Post
Nice van, but if you buy, check the torque arms, it's a Quigley.
In fact that isn't a Quigley conversion. It may have a Quigley sticker but it has leaf springs not coil shocks like Quigley.

People...do your research (not Facebook level research) before buying a passion vehicle.

People...get a comprehensive inspection done before buying a 20 year old custom van.

People...don't rush into buying unless you are prepared to either do your own maintenance or pay a hefty charge to have the work done
Attachment 41571
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:25 PM   #4
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Good catch there, I wonder if the seller even knows it’s not a Quigley or he’s trying to pass it off, any way to tag/flag that on eBay?
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 01:37 PM   #5

It's a dealership. I constantly see crappy dealership ads on eBay. I bought my current project with a blown engine from one. I knew it might and took the risk. 18 months and hundreds of hours of my labor later it is almost fixed.

My points above come from experience buying lots of 90s passion vehicles including a Quigley.
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
In fact that isn't a Quigley conversion. It may have a Quigley sticker but it has leaf springs not coil shocks like Quigley.

People...do your research (not Facebook level research) before buying a passion vehicle.

People...get a comprehensive inspection done before buying a 20 year old custom van.

People...don't rush into buying unless you are prepared to either do your own maintenance or pay a hefty charge to have the work done
Attachment 41571
Good catch! Just read the description and didn't notice the leaf springs up front.
MauiSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 11:23 AM   #7

I was going to check this out but contacted someone that actualy drove it. This van is way off its Ebay advertisement and being sold by a car dealer with no store front. Reads no rust but its loaded with it. Airbag light was on, intermittent panel short to the blinkers and dashboard. Nothing powered on in the van. Whole front end in bad shape using hose clamps to hold leaf springs. Also said they went overboard with cans of spray paint to cover up things. Sounds like Ebay ad should pull this.
Van4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #8

The description reads like a terrible Nigerian prince email, but as long as eBay gets their cut, they really don't care.
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote