Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2020, 02:00 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

2000 GMC Savana Campervan Sportsmobile Class B RV

2000 GMC Savana Campervan Sportsmobile Class B RV On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-GMC-Savana-Campervan-Sportsmobile-Class-B-RV/274342064252?

tomsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:06 PM   #2

Why so cheap?

Title explains it.. I'm currently in the process of purchasing an SMB from BrianW up in Philly. Can't help but wonder why this one is priced so low? I have some assumptions but wanted to hear from the pro's. Thanks!

-Dave
W33kendWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
Site Team

It's at $6,300, with 11 bids and almost three days to go. Maybe there was a Buy It Now, but that's not available anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if it climbed up to the $9K - $11K range.

Herb
Old 04-23-2020, 07:44 PM   #4

2000 GMC Savana Campervan Sportsmobile Class B RV

It’s a hard high top and not a pop-top, for starters. High tops are more common than the Penthouse versions. Not knocking the high top versions at all, as they work great for some folks. But a lot more companies make high top campervans and so there’s more to choose from. Also, generally the Ford platform commands a premium due to tons of aftermarket support and the platform basically remaining the same since 1992 (although some will say that’s a negative). As far as platforms retaining their value, usually it’s 1) Ford, 2) GM, 3) Dodge.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:48 AM   #5

Buying an SMB from someone who knows nothing about them is a very expensive prospect. You could easily get that “cheap” for $10k and be another $10k into maintenance, tires, leaks, fridge repairs, rust etc. things add up very quickly. Unless you are looking for a project, always buy the best example you can afford.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #6

Also, since it’s an auction, my guess is at least one sale won’t go through and the price will end up in the $10-15k range
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:37 PM   #7

Registered here today just to post about this one.

I just got back from a scary test drive in the GMC, brakes completely failed...like all the way to the floor. Luckily the park brake works, but I had to leave it on the shoulder.
Van needs lots of maintenance throughout, and I wasn’t able to check most systems. Has some rust starting in the rockers and two doors.
Missing one of the upper bed panels, no propane, ac doesn’t work, missing mount for 3rd captains chair. Might have been smoked in...had a smell.
Would have to be cheaper than the 6k to be worth the trouble for sure. Good luck!
ManBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBro View Post
Registered here today just to post about this one.

I just got back from a scary test drive in the GMC, brakes completely failed...like all the way to the floor. Luckily the park brake works, but I had to leave it on the shoulder.
Van needs lots of maintenance throughout, and I wasn’t able to check most systems. Has some rust starting in the rockers and two doors.
Missing one of the upper bed panels, no propane, ac doesn’t work, missing mount for 3rd captains chair. Might have been smoked in...had a smell.
Would have to be cheaper than the 6k to be worth the trouble for sure. Good luck!

Good report. Hope it helps someone! I hope whoever wins the bid test drives it before paying.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 09:04 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Good report. Hope it helps someone! I hope whoever wins the bid test drives it before paying.

Good report. Hope it helps someone! I hope whoever wins the bid test stops it before paying.

There, fixed your post for you.

Herb

Tags
sportsmobile