Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2020, 02:36 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

2002 ford e350 7.3l, 4x4, turbo diesel sportsmobile van

2002 FORD E350 7.3L, 4X4, TURBO DIESEL SPORTSMOBILE VAN On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-Ford-E-Series-Van/174321721801?

tomsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 09:30 AM   #2
Site Team

Javier (Crow) special?
Old 06-20-2020, 12:59 PM   #3

2002 ford e350 7.3l, 4x4, turbo diesel sportsmobile van

For sure. They love high mile 7.3s. And they are just north of the border. Make sure you check the diffs for oil before you test drive!
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:27 PM   #4

Garage
They are the only ones that seem to paint the entire undercarriage when they prep them for sale. Looks nice, but disguises any/all oils stains & original rust...probably just me, but raises my suspicion. Must have run out of the taupe/grey paint, this one seems a little lighter in color.
Old 06-21-2020, 08:45 AM   #5

I can't fault the guy for effort. There is a lot of work put in to these vans he sells. I think my one complaint is that anyone that list a vehicle and says 'ONLY' 195,000 miles instantly puts me off as a used car salesman.

86Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
They are the only ones that seem to paint the entire undercarriage when they prep them for sale.
Serious rust would be hard to hide with paint, but lighter surface rust can be held at bay for a while with a good coat of paint. I'm not saying they aren't trying to hide something, but a painted undercarrage isn't a bad thing in my book, it just requires a close inspection to determine why it was done. I touch up my undercarrage yearly to stay ahead of the rust since what ever is put on the roads in Montana is the most corrosive stuff I've seen. Some rust converter and plain old Rustolum has worked well so far but the battle never ends.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 05:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
... My one complaint is that anyone that list a vehicle and says 'ONLY' 195,000 miles instantly puts me off as a used car salesman.
If "Only xxxK miles!" is one, "Low miles!" is another (Or, trying to explain to someone why you're lowballing after it's apparent that it truly is a low miles vehicle, but it's been tracked/abused and they haven't done any of the maintenance for it).

Best ones are the guys drumming up the 7.3's, "She's only got 650K miles, just barely getting broken in. These are million plus mile motors, folks!".... Yes, what about everything connected to the motor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
what ever is put on the roads in Montana is the most corrosive stuff I've seen.
Been in and out of MT since 2016... Not sure what it was about 2020, but it went from being "Not terrible" to "What happened here?!!?".... undercarriage looked fine for being 25 years old (WA/CA van) until last winter in MT... Now it looks like a rusty mess.

Tags
sportsmobile