Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #1

Garage
2003 EB PH Gas - North Carolina

*** Not mine / No Affiliation ***

A bit more rare (red) color -- nice EB PH with good list of features.
Curious about the forum's collective opinion on the pricing for the year/mileage/build/features, seems like a nice rig.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2003 Ford Sportsmobile - $23500 (Black Mountain, North Carolina)

http://asheville.craigslist.org/rvs/4723165868.html

2003 Ford E350 Sportsmobile, extended body. 117,800 miles V-8, automatic transmission, cruise control, cab AC. Seats up to nine, sleeps up to four. Microwave, 12 volt refrigerator, propane cooktop, sink, fresh water storage tank, grey water tank, propane furnace, Kenwood sound system with Bluetooth, satellite radio, ipod connection, rear view camera. Exterior light and exterior shower, receiver hitch, slide out pantry, hanging closet, under floor storage, loads of cabinets, front seats swivel for extra seating, bushwacker fender flares. Runs very well, shifts correctly, all appliances work as should. Some exterior blemishes, scratches and dents. Very nice van.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #2

Re: 2003 EB PH Gas - North Carolina

RE: Price, seems more or less in line with what's been out there. $15-25,000 seems to be the sweet spot for similar Ford vans in good condition. Dodge's are not as desirable for many, and can represent a good value for a starter SMB if you don't care about the platform so much (they seem to be priced 25% or more lower than comparable Fords).

I have a very similar 1998 SMB EB with 88,000 miles, and if I were to list it I'd likely price it at $15-18,000, with the upgrades I've made to it.

Back east here we're not so worried about the SMB being 4x4, although obviously some are looking for that. I'm perfectly happy with my 2WD SMB (sacrilege, I know...). SMBs seem to command higher prices on the west coast, but that's tempered a bit by the fact that they are somewhat rare here on the east coast, so if someone doesn't want to travel far they might be willing to pay up.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote