Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2014, 09:17 PM   #1

2003 Ford E350 7.3L diesel powerstroke Quigley 4x4

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/ct ... 68532.html

[photo]http://images.craigslist.org/00M0M_elYW9Nsyzkc_600x450.jpg[/photo]

2003 Ford E350 7.3L diesel powerstroke Quigley 4x4 15 passenger XLT van.

This is a 4WD 4x4 Van converted by Quigley. This is not a standard cargo or passenger van (it's way more awesome).

This is the perfect adventure van for camping, snowboarding or skiing, taking a motorcycle or gokart to the track or if you have burning man tickets and want an offroad vehicle that can handle the journey.

Those that know, know that the 2003 7.3L powerstroke is the most highly sought after year/motor that ford produced. Rock solid reliable diesel before they switched to the rather junky 6.0L (sorry 6L folks, you know it to be true!)

I am the third owner with the first owners being the Haliburton corporation who had the Quigley conversion done and then maintained in their fleet before making it's way down to me a couple years ago. Similar to a sportsmobile, it's a full on adventure vehicle. It's served me incredibly well as my mammoth/snowboarding transportation and laugh at the 2WD trucks that think they are good enough in the snow. Unfortunately I don't have the time to enjoy.

Features:
15 passenger "XLT" van -- rare Quigley setup (seating explained below)
144k miles (any 7.3 powerstroke lover will tell you that's still at its infancy stage)
Manual locking front hubs (ultra reliable)
Bilstien shocks front/rear (less than 5k miles on them and they made an amazing difference in even steering)
Air conditioning/heat both front and rear
Keyless Entry/alarm
Layer of sound-deadening (cascade sound deadening butyl/aluminum)
Layer of closed-cell sound deadening foam
Layer of Mass Loaded Vinyl
Edge Evolution CS programmer + Expandable Accessory System w/Exhaust Temperature monitor ($600+). More info on this install below
5" or 6" lift (original Quigley setup)
Original Quigley Build list via pdf
Running Boards
Push Guard
Tow-hitch (Pretty sure this is really heavy duty one)
Swing-open side doors (generally preferred vs the slide-open)
Auxillary fuel tank installed with auxillary fuel switch at driver (on the fly fuel tank switch)--unsure of size as I was told 40, but I think it may be closer to 20-30 gallons. Rarely needed it but have used.l
Auxillary power cables run into cabin for additional battery or inverter/power setup (I believe Haliburton had it set up this way to run an inverter/power for a small desk in the back.
Sears platinum batteries (2 of them)
Commercial interior lining to stand up to whatever dirt/mud/water that you can find!

The seating:
All factory mount holes are being used for captains chairs with integrated seatbelts for safety! (2 seats per row) but seats can be removed individually or altogether and have factory bench seats installed (or a combination of captains/bench seats).
The first set of captains chairs are amazing and I wish I could just keep them since they can swivel, tilt, and fold forward to make additional space quickly. I had mounts made that the seats could mount to on. I never planned on using the last/final row since it was space to usage for storage but I have

CTS Programmer:
I wanted an all-in-one solution to ensure that I used this van reliably for both fuel mileage, power, and most importantly reliability. After speaking with the tech's at Edge, I bought the Evolution CS digital monitor gauge and had an exhaust temperature probe professionally installed to ensure the longevity of this beastly motor. I've generally kept it on the performance/fuel efficiency setting and had no temperature issues--the best of both worlds!

The quirks (and uncompleted projects):
Other than a the exterior bumps and bruises from normal usage, these are the things that I think need at least a little attention: Passenger door lock actuator works intermittently, surface rust on roof, driver door seems to have been replaced at some point (I didn't notice this until after I purchased so I don't know why). Slower power drain on battery if left sitting (I believe it's from the alarm)--if the van was to sit for more than a month I simply disconnected the battery. Old tint was removed due to purpling, but this beast needs new tint over the naturally tinted glass! New speakers for rear (they were junk so I removed them but the wires are already run).

Old 08-12-2014, 09:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Re: 2003 Ford E350 7.3L diesel powerstroke Quigley 4x4

I'm getting the feeling of deja vu. The wording of the ad seems very familiar.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #3

Re: 2003 Ford E350 7.3L diesel powerstroke Quigley 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
I'm getting the feeling of deja vu. The wording of the ad seems very familiar.
Yup. Believe it's this one.. Been around for a while.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13980

Attached Thumbnails
00k0k_fNQhDA4UlHd_600x450.jpg  
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote