Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2020, 12:03 PM   #1

2008 E350 Turbo Diesel 4x4 van Camper - $42000 (Boulder)

https://boulder.craigslist.org/cto/d...101305245.html

No relation. It lives a few blocks from me though and I've seen and admired it in the past. If I was in the market I'd be knocking on the guys door right now, even during this covid-19 thing.

The following is a cut/paste from the craigslist advert. All claims by the seller not me:

Well here is goes. Never thought I’d sell this. But recent times and work shifts means I have to let this beast go.

This is a 2008 E350 Turbo Diesel 4x4 van that has had many upgrades to it over the last three years. It only has 95,000 original miles on the body and the 4x4 system was installed by Quigley in 2008 with a 4” lift. The engine was completely rebuilt by Ashville Engine at 50,000 when I bought the van and only has 40,000 miles on it. These rebuilds are not like a factory rebuild and will go for 400,000 or more miles. The custom rebuild includes a Stage 2 Camshaft (adds 40+ horsepower to a 6.0, it lowers EGT’s, spools the turbo quicker, gives you better performance thru out the power curve and can increase fuel efficiency), Cylinders are over bored with larger pistons, O-Ringed cylinder heads, Performance ceramic coated pistons, Engine balancing, Polydyn bearing coating, High rev valve springs and pushrods, Wagler or Carillo connecting rods, ARP Custom age head studs …. And more. It’s a performance rebuild. In addition, the Tranny was rebuilt this year with all new HD parts and cooling system by Boulder Off Road. Whenever I had to replace something, I went better than OEM. Just this year it had new batteries, radiator, and has been checked completely over.

This van is not your cushy vanlife build. It’s a true off road build. Its built to be what you need and take you anywhere. Its also built out to be versatile. It can be configured as a passenger hauler (up to 8 people), gear hauler (fold way bed make an interior cargo space) and camper. It has an aux battery system (that charges while driving), aux interior lights, charging docs and 500 watt inverter, ARB fridge (runs on DC or AC power, very efficient, has never drained the aux batteries) ESPAR diesel aux heater, pioneer sound system with back up camera. Tons of storage up top and inside. The bed folds out the walls and can be put up to haul gear (hauled my moto inside if needed). It has a custom 3” foam mattress. Custom bumpers and roof rack all around. Roof rack is built as deck and is a great spot to hang at the end of a day adventuring. Van has an awning and full 330 piece tool set and spare diesel can and spare tire.

Check out all the photos and let me know any questions. This van has had over $60K put into it. I’m listing for $42,000 and I’m pretty firm on the price, its had so much done to it to make it worth it.

Here is a list of mechanical work done over the last three years:
2017: New Custom 6.0 Powerstroke Diesel Engine and camshaft, New injectors, HD oil cooler, Bulletproof EGR cooler, fuel pump, U joints,
2018: New Bilstein 5100 shocks, AC service and compressor
2019: New HD Transmission, HD trans cooler, New Radiator, Full Brake service, New 135amp Alternator, power steering, starter, water pump, power brake assist, shift column

Old 03-31-2020, 12:56 PM   #2

Garage
I like it!
Old 03-31-2020, 01:29 PM   #3
Site Team

A new trans in 2019 would have me a little concerned. the 5R110 is a very reliable transmission.

Herb
Old 04-04-2020, 02:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
A new trans in 2019 would have me a little concerned. the 5R110 is a very reliable transmission.

Herb
When I got the van in 2016 I always planned on upgrading the tranny as soon as it gave one sign of slippage bc I was actually told theses trannys were not the best coupled with the 6.0. It slipped last year and it must have been worked hard before I got it in 2016 bc when we took it apart it needed work. I decided to start over with all new HD parts and added an HD tranny cooler. It’s been off roading by me but not abused. And only towed an off road Moto trailer.

This van I got on auction with unfortunately a questionable motor. (, long story behind that). That’s why I put a brand new rebuilt engine in it the first year I had it. Was planning to keep it forever. Since then I’ve gone though it rebuilding and improving it as I go with new better parts.

Let me know any questions. Happy to answer.
coregran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #5

Not looking to buy, but curious how the bed works - does it rest on top of the folded down rear row of seats? If not how do the two halves of the bed come together to be stout enough to support weight? I love the setup for being able to stow the bed and haul stuff... GLWS.
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankees588 View Post
Not looking to buy, but curious how the bed works - does it rest on top of the folded down rear row of seats? If not how do the two halves of the bed come together to be stout enough to support weight? I love the setup for being able to stow the bed and haul stuff... GLWS.

Hey,
When the second bench seat is in half of the bed rests on that and the other half on a 1.5" aluminum bar that is inserted onto brackets I made in the van walls. When the second bench seat isn't in, there is a second bar that inserts where the bench would be.

The bed frame itself is made from 1/2" aluminum plate. Really sturdy and not too heavy.

coregran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:05 PM   #7

Very cool - thanks for sharing!
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote