Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-12-2021, 11:51 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 9
2008 e350, v10

This seems like a good option.

Wonder how hard it is to remove the wheel chair lift? I do not think it will be hard IMO. Low mile V10. I do not really care for the city water hook up, etc as I a mainly camp off the grid. High roof definitely a PLUS.

Any thoughts about it?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2175/overview/
__________________

gsrthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
mikracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 2,414
Probably wouldnt be hard to remove the lift. You can maybe recoup some money by selling it too.

My main concern would be the bed setup. It's kind of weird with the two different sized couches on either end. Also, if you're taller than 6', it may be pretty uncomfortable because the van isn't very wide. There must be some sort of middle cushion you have to put in when in bed mode?
__________________

__________________
2005 E350 Chateau - V10 - Agile Offroad 4x4
2012 CTS-V Wagon - For the baby...
mikracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:49 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
86Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 9,212
Unusual setup plus pretty high price IMO. Looks like upper 20's to me. It does look well taken care of though.

__________________
-Eric

2010 Chevy AWD home build
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Probably wouldnt be hard to remove the lift. You can maybe recoup some money by selling it too.

My main concern would be the bed setup. It's kind of weird with the two different sized couches on either end. Also, if you're taller than 6', it may be pretty uncomfortable because the van isn't very wide. There must be some sort of middle cushion you have to put in when in bed mode?
Yeah I am 6'2" and that bed setup definitely would not work for me. A bit high on the price as well. Not sure how much the chair lift is worth to offset the cost?
gsrthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:30 PM   #5
Site Team
 
BroncoHauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern New Mexico
Posts: 9,717
Will it just be the driver and one passenger? Sideways seating for passengers is legal in an RV, but I wouldn't subject passengers to that for any length of time.


Herb
__________________
SMB-less as of 02/04/2012. Our savings account is richer, but our adventures are poorer.
BroncoHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:32 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 9
Very good point. I never even thought of that. Thanks for your input.
gsrthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 07:10 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
86Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: TN
Posts: 9,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Will it just be the driver and one passenger? Sideways seating for passengers is legal in an RV, but I wouldn't subject passengers to that for any length of time.


Herb
Yep, my kids absolutely hated it. To this day they complain about it.
__________________
-Eric

2010 Chevy AWD home build
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:36 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
nyyankees588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 216
The wheelchair lift will come out, but not without a fight. There will likely also be some added structural pieces that the wheelchair lift uses to attach to the frame of the van that will be a PITA to remove (I have a former wheelchair van). You also will have trouble getting money for a lift. Not much of a used market for them from what I know... pretty much anybody looking for a lift has a professional upfitter install a (new) lift.
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:55 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyankees588 View Post
The wheelchair lift will come out, but not without a fight. There will likely also be some added structural pieces that the wheelchair lift uses to attach to the frame of the van that will be a PITA to remove (I have a former wheelchair van). You also will have trouble getting money for a lift. Not much of a used market for them from what I know... pretty much anybody looking for a lift has a professional upfitter install a (new) lift.
Thanks for your input since you had a similar van with a former wheelchair in it.

I decided to pass on the van.
gsrthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 11:11 PM   #10
ctb
Senior Member
 
ctb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: iowa
Posts: 755
Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Be patient and find the right one without the extra hassle of problems Bronco and Scotty etc were talking about...and don't be so hard on camping on the "grid"...

Sporty (our Rig)has all the accessories for boondocking for extended lengths/time, but anywhere east it gets harder and harder to find somewhere that's considered "off grid" and why suffer?

Having the options to be 'spoiled' ie water-heater, shower of some sort (inside or out, or both) a sink, electric hookup (it can charge house batteries between boondocking locations too), a water hookup/watertank can add so much pleasure with little (actual) cost, since it sounds like you'll be doing it yourself...

I know a lot of the Forum members from the West live and vacation/use their Rigs in the best locations with ample bookdocking locations to choose...but if you're going east of the Mississippi, you might just use all of that!

...so, be patient, spoil yourself with some things that would "be nice" ANDdo the things that would "be GREAT" too... make yourself as comfortable as possible...and we (all of us) are NOT getting any younger, and we will appreciate any additional comforts as possible (who's that Member with the inflatable hottub, now that's spoiled baby! AND we ARE doing that someday)and a meteor could hit us any minute lol...SPOIL yourself!
__________________

__________________
'13 MDX 'BigBlackmobeebs'
'01 Lexus 430 LS 'Luxobeebs
'20 Tacoma TRD OR 'Tacobeebs'
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×