Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2023, 12:23 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

2008 Ford E-450 4x4 Box Van Truck Diesel Custom RV Build 69k Miles 12 Foot

2008 Ford E-450 4x4 Box Van Truck Diesel Custom RV Build 69k Miles 12 Foot On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/225340166745?

tomsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 12:15 PM   #2

Very interesting/unique build... Former ambo cab/chassis with a box added later. Amazing that it has 6'3" interior standing height, majority of those boxes are just under 6'. I've haven't heard anything bad about Timberline conversions... so it could be a cool setup for somebody!

Also super interested to better understand how they made it so that the engine could be easily dropped from underneath the van vs. taking the entire front end off? Not something I've heard of before.
Santa Cruz, CA
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 01:37 PM   #3

Boy, I really like the idea of these box trucks. Other than catching wind and being heavier than a normal e-350, anyone owned one and care to comment?

I really like that this one has had a lot done to it but **only partial** interior. Do whatcha like.

Something else I've been seeing a lot -- including on this ad -- is that the 6L isn't such a timebomb in the vans relative to the pickups. I'll have to validate that. I'm seeing it said often enough that I'm starting to think there's something to it.
Lunatickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 11:51 PM   #4

I'd love something like this!

But 10-foot box, and no duallies.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:09 AM   #5

Hi.

I bought a 14’ Dodge 2wd box truck after years in an extended 4wd van.

The 7’ ceiling height helps as we are both very tall. So does the murphy style queen size bed. Total load there is 460 lbs.

The next best advantages are the ability to put everything away so that one is not tripping over the contents of the truck to move through it. It annoyed me to have to remove everything in the van to get to bed. Even for a road trip nap.

We can also carry just about anything that will fit through the back hinged doors which I kept, but installed windows in. It’s still a box truck for the inevitable run to the lumber yard or a rummage sale.

It’s 2wd but we take our time and regularly boondock in remote areas. We were out 2 weeks and never bought a bag of ice. And never had to break camp for supplies.

I put a roof deck with handrails on it. Great for people watching or just getting up in the breeze.

Be well.

G.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:25 AM   #6

If I'm remembering it right, this was Tim's personal project that was sitting for a bit. Looks like he finally got it cleaned up and turned around.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-450