Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2020, 01:34 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

2010 Ford E-Series Van E350 6.0 L Diesel Sportsmobile with Quigley 4x4

2010 Ford E-Series Van E350 6.0 L Diesel Sportsmobile with Quigley 4x4 On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Ford-E-Series-Van-E350-SUPER-DUTY-VAN/264711686637?

tomsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #2

I've been seriously considering buying this rig. Would any members care to comment on asking price or issues considering resale? I am concerned that if I want to sell in a few years it will be tough to find a buyer due to it being too old to finance.
Slick2Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:14 AM   #3

Seems like an ok price for what looks to be a nice rig. Pretty decked out and no doubt he paid $135k for it.

As for selling it in 3 years- you will have problems with people being unable to finance. However, many people are currently paying around that price for 7.3 rigs and are paying it in cash. I would decide what the most you can afford is and pay that amount.

I would also want to see the receipt for the bullet proofing.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #4

Thanks for responding. My sons are already 8 and 9 so I see them outgrowing a van pretty quickly. I'm able to pay the asking price or even more for the right van. I just don't want to eat too much down the road if/when I decide to sell.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:49 AM   #5
MSD

Garage
There is also a 99 with a front clip swap 116K 7.3l for the same price on ebay super clean as an option too.

I'd make sure the the 6.0 has ARP head studs, just because it has a new motor doesn't mean it's bulletproofed, especially if a ford dealer did it... dealership work always makes me skeptical vs a good local diesel mechanic.

Here the link to the 7.3 if your interested - https://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Ford-E....c100009.m1982

I have zero affiliation with either of the vans for sale.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 07:36 AM   #6

That seems like a nice van as well. I can't tell from the add if it has the EB50 layout. The price is pretty much the same on the two. Does the 7.3 vs the 6.0 make up for the 11 year difference?
Old 05-06-2020, 09:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick2Slide View Post
That seems like a nice van as well. I can't tell from the add if it has the EB50 layout. The price is pretty much the same on the two. Does the 7.3 vs the 6.0 make up for the 11 year difference?
Ultimately while all vehicles can have that one part that breaks by chance and leaves you stranded in the middle of nowhere, the general consensus that I have gathered from lurking and talking to owners(family) of F-series 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4, is that the 7.3 is by quite some margin the cheapest to work on, and the most reliable.

I think most people in this community would probably agree that if you feel the 7.3L is down on power, that you can turn them up from factory ratings to about 300-325 and still retain some level of reliability.

Now, the case I would make for the 6.0L: If you happen to live, or otherwise have the ability to register this vehicle where it is smog exempt, and it has the ARP headstuds, good coolant, and an EGR delete, it might be OK. The 6.0's still tend to benefit from a lot of 6.4 parts, however. Deep oil pan, starters, etc.

Regarding the 11 year difference... Really the only thing I can think if that you'd be missing out on is that the 7.3L is going to use the 4R100 and the 6.0L is going to use the 5R110. once you get into the 2008's, you get the new front end and the good cupholders, and the 2009's, you get the new interior (Nothing is explicitly 'wrong' with the older interior, but I think you would, as well as many others have found that the interior door skins on '09+ are much more friendly to use, and I like the newer dashboard/tachometer).

I believe MY2010 was the last year for the 6.0 diesel E-series, and for 2011-2014, the "best" motor you could get was the 6.8L V10.

EDIT: I was going to just cut and paste some of what was said HERE into this thread, but figured better just to give the link instead.

CarringB's comment of, "Well, even the newest 7.3L's are coming up on 17 years old..." and "It isn't necessarily the motor you have to worry about crapping out, it's everything connected to it!" does have a lot of truth to it. At the end of the day... both are pretty expensive. IMO that is why a lot of people chase down the V10's. Sure-they guzzle gas, but have plenty of power, are generally very reliable, and "cheap" (comparatively speaking) to work on. Food for thought.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:06 AM   #8
MSD

Garage
Here is the link with full interior - https://inventory.dealersocket.com/s...tos/2335673#13

It's an RB 50 and has a jump set as well so seats 5 and sleeps 4.

Everyone is going to have an opnion on the 7.3 Vs 6.0. I have both of these vans and each has it pros and cons.

My experience is my 6.uh_oh has been just as reliable as my current 7.3 and my old 7.3 which I sold. What I like about my 6.0 is it has way more power that my 7.3, the 7.3 is a dog in my opinion. The 6.0 gets better fuel economy hwy 17-18 mpg, 7.3 doesn't matter how I drive it 12-14 mpg no matter how I drive it.

Other are going to have different opinions and at the end of the day it comes down to your due diligence in figuring out what is the best van (motor) for you.

Good lucking finding your van, it takes time and you have to have patience if not you may have buyers remorse in the end. Do impulse buy!!!
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:17 AM   #9
Site Team

Some minor nit-picks on the subject vehicle:
  • Rear suspension sag - not uncommon, but bugs me
  • Rear of penthouse doesn't look fully extended (worth checking to see if the bars are bent. The wide angle shot of the PH bunk makes it hard to tell
  • No door galley (due to extra seat - a fair tradeoff if you need an extra seat)
  • The propane access - pure ghetto. There's no way SMB did that. Maybe a post conversion heater install?
Herb
Old 05-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #10

Keep in mind that it doesn't have a stove or heater. If you want either, you'll have to have more battery + solar, or propane hooked up. You can do a diesel heater, but that too will have to be installed.
dat2ra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sportsmobile