Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2020, 12:00 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKosydar View Post
“Repaired vehicle can be found here”
https://usclassifieds4all.com/detail...listing=360976
2010 Ford E-Series Van Superduty
$36,000

BEWARE - This appears to be a scam to me, ...
Trust your intuition Jack, this is a very typical scammer scheme 'Pay the money, and then you can ship it back at my expense if you don't like it'.

Frequently they claim they're in the military and deployed, but lately many scammers have migrated to claiming they're an offshore oil worker.

Herb

Old 09-01-2020, 12:25 PM   #12

Yes. Definitely a scam. I got a similar round of B.S. emails when I inquired about a class B a year or so ago. As soon as I said, "I have cash in hand and will give it to you when I see the van..." they ghosted.
IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:12 PM   #13

Exactly, I was going to fly to where ever the truck was and exchange cash for the truck, like a normal deal. But no, he still wanted me to wire money.
JKosydar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 08:13 PM   #14

Damn - this guy just almost got me! Was all jacked up when I saw his email and read - then searched for his name and this thread popped up.

Praise be to forums!
mikerunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 11:55 PM   #15

More scam from Paul Stockwell

Hi Guys,

I was interested in buying a RR Corniche from the same guy and his reply below is exactly the same:

Be aware of this guy!

Milan

Van: Paul Stockwell [mailtoaulstockwell2golf@gmail.com]
Verzonden: woensdag 4 november 2020 18:34
Aan: Milan Veld
Onderwerp: Re: New message for your ad 1983 Rolls-Royce Corniche

Hello Milan,

Would you like to see more pictures?
I'm sorry for this late response but I was out of civilization and I had no internet connection. I am working offshore and I don't know when I will return because of this coronavirus. The car is located at the auto broker in Seattle, WA stored inside and ready to go. The car belonged to my father that recently passed away. He was the second owner. The car, the title, two sets of keys, manuals and some service history records is what you will get from the auto broker. I arranged for the sale right before I left, so all set on my end. I propose to close the deal through an auto broker, in the most safe and easiest way possible for both of us. Basically, it's similar to buying a car locally, the money will be sent to their holding account, and they will keep the money until you receive the car. After the car is delivered, you will have a 7 days inspection period before you decide if you wish to keep it or not. If you are serious about buying the car, I can arrange shipping to Netherlands for $1,400 extra. They will handle the transportation and the importation process and will bring the car out to your door. If you want to move forward please contact me back so we can get the ball rolling.

Thank you and stay safe,

Paul Stockwell |
Rig Manager at Diamond Offshore Drilling
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:53 AM   #16

Another related thread for the same van with an eBay auction:

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...350-26746.html
Old 11-25-2020, 12:23 PM   #17

The “newer metal high top vans” don’t have body-on-frame construction, don’t have solid axles, and are generally expensive to fix, not to buy. Additionally, they suck offroad. To wit, my 2017 Sprinter 4x4. My Ford E-150 RWD +3” lift with 31” hybrid AT tires is worlds better offroad than the Sprinter 4x4. And I can tow 2,000 lbs more with it. The sprinter is cute for the ladies and is good in the snow. That’s it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtmcdaniels View Post
Very good restoration it looks like.

Geez I hope it doesn't roll over AGAiN....
I mean look at that Heavy fiberglass topper and Raised Chassis, to go off roading where it will be tilted to the side and rolled....?

I'm surprises these set ups are still going for so much money when it seems to me that a newer metal high top 4x4 van would be a good amount more stable.
I guess they aren't so much available or affordable.

Well I don't know all the ins and outs of options if you want to go with off road 4x4 vanning.
I worry about my EB road van with all stock rolling over, I wouldn't feel as comfortable with the raised chassis and the fiberglass topper.
Although I suppose the low lying water tanks might help some if full of water.

Take care
BLT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 12:53 PM   #18

Thank you for taking the time to explain the differences
jimtmcdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:43 PM   #19

"Rig Manager at Diamond Offshore Drilling"

Seriously? What an idiot. That's the fakest sounding title I've ever heard. I guess he's got a hot supermodel girlfriend too that lives in Canada or Europe, like we used to say in junior high.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 08:34 PM   #20

I wouldn't bite on that one.
dat2ra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sportsmobile