Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrull View Post
I spent another 300$ to have someone re-pack it in a hard carrying case a long with swapping in higher durability parts.
Can you tell us more about the higher durability parts?

SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:10 PM   #12

I have 03 7.3 with only 285,000
Looking like I have a lot of miles left in my E350 SMB
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 10:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Could be a tiny tank hidden somewhere in a cabinet, probably inside back doors. I did this on my gas Transit. Worked great. A lot of the Espar type diesel heaters come with a little plastic fuel cell, mine was 7 liters I think.
Boaters call these "day tanks". They use them so they can know they've got clean fuel instead of working out of the big tank that has possibly got some growth or sediment in it. Other bonus for diesel heaters is most of them will run better and cleaner if you run kerosene, so small day tank of kerosene might be the way to go...
basssears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 05:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
How much of a hassle is it to keep both the gas tank and diesel can refueled separately when installing a diesel heater in a gas engine van? Just curious--this ship has already sailed for me, and I settled on spending more money for a name-brand gas heater to stick with a single fuel, but I've often wondered if I should have just saved the money and gone with two fuels.

I'm "only" at 176k on our V10, but if/when it goes...awfully tempting to look at swapping in the Godzilla 7.3. Really hoping it's no time soon though, not in the budget!
Not a hassle at all, in my experience. I've been running one of the chinese diesel heaters since last winter and it sips such little fuel that I never have an issue with needing to refuel it between regular fill ups for the van. Just pull in to one of the pumps that has both diesel and gas and top off both. Only hassle is figuring out where to mount the diesel tank, since you preferably want to keep it outside of the van. Of course it's probably just as much of a hassle to drop/tap in to the van's tank if you run it off of that.
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #15

"Regular maintenance has always been done to this van." But here are all the things wrong with it that I haven't had fixed:..........
dat2ra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e350