Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2023, 12:37 AM   #1
Gone Traveling

2012 Sportsmobile Nissan NV 2500 V6 SVHD

2012 Sportsmobile Nissan NV 2500 V6 SVHD On Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394443503299?

tomsjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:18 AM   #2

Don't think I've seen a NV built by sportsmobile yet. I read mixed things about these vans, but this is interesting as a light build with a lot of cargo space.

It's too bad it's only on ebay, I don't take anything listed there as actually for sale and don't understand how anyone can think it is a legitimate way to sell a vehicle at this point. Pretty sure it has a 99.9% transaction completion failure rate since it is non binding.
RVRoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:02 PM   #3

Garage
This one is even stranger, 0 feedback seller with a 2/2/23 member date calling it an Altima.
Old 02-03-2023, 06:13 PM   #4

I wonder if they miskeyed the VIN. All the details are auto-filled based on VIN.

I think eBay is still a viable platform for unique vehicles, although BAT seems a lot more popular for that segment now.
Old 02-04-2023, 09:55 AM   #5

That specific van has been listed before, several years ago. I’d be worried that it’s a scam.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:18 PM   #6

I could get past it accidentally being listed as an Altima from some drop down in Ebay (which was fixed), and the VIN checks out, but yeah there's a bunch of information that is somewhat of a red flag. Mileage is off by 10k from the description versus the included vehicle history. It's also in Oakland but last registration and service states NC just days ago in the history. I sent them a message to gauge legitimacy, if they reply.

Again ebay auctions are so non-binding there is very low risk if I were to bid and require all of the transaction to be in person. For some reason this rig has really caught my interest, if it could be had for the right price. I'm not holding my breath.
RVRoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 04:14 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoams View Post
I could get past it accidentally being listed as an Altima from some drop down in Ebay (which was fixed), and the VIN checks out, but yeah there's a bunch of information that is somewhat of a red flag. Mileage is off by 10k from the description versus the included vehicle history. It's also in Oakland but last registration and service states NC just days ago in the history. I sent them a message to gauge legitimacy, if they reply.
Definitely strange with the listing. Be interested to know if you get a response.
Old 02-06-2023, 08:54 AM   #8

I like the simple build and garage-ability. Sent an inquiry four days ago, nothing but crickets......
cbadbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sportsmobile