Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2020, 09:56 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Looks like the price of this van has just gotten a little more realistic from the original price of $168K down to 92K. A $76K discount... some hurry - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...?fref=mentions
Almost back down to reality... Anyone taking bets on whether or not the price will drop again?

BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 10:05 AM   #12
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJJ View Post
Almost back down to reality... Anyone taking bets on whether or not the price will drop again?
Well for his sake I hope not cause he's really close to what it cost to build at this price... you'd be hard pressed to recreate this build for $92K. SO I've got my fingers crossed he gets it...
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:11 AM   #13

Maybe it's just me but I'm not seeing why there needs to be biting comments about the price or cheeky posts about a large price drop.

If you want to talk about reality.... Van builders around here have a MONTHS long backlog for Sprinter builds that cost waaaaaay more than the original asking price of this van. I've had numerous Sprinters come by the shop for this or that that cost well in excess of $200k to build. There are folks out there who are paying for these mega builds so I don't think an Eseries built to this level is out line price-wise. What's an Eseries Classic at SMB cost? I didn't see any of you posting your digs at Alpha Van when it was for sale for $148k...
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:20 AM   #14
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Maybe it's just me but I'm not seeing why there needs to be biting comments about the price or cheeky posts about a large price drop.

If you want to talk about reality.... Van builders around here have a MONTHS long backlog for Sprinter builds that cost waaaaaay more than the original asking price of this van. I've had numerous Sprinters come by the shop for this or that that cost well in excess of $200k to build. There are folks out there who are paying for these mega builds so I don't think an Eseries built to this level is out line price-wise. What's an Eseries Classic at SMB cost? I didn't see any of you posting your digs at Alpha Van when it was for sale for $148k...

Sorry I don't see where my post was a dig. He dumped the price and like I said someone will get a hell of a van and I also said you couldn't rebuild for that price... so again I don't feel that's cheeky. But that's just me...
Old 01-29-2020, 12:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post

I think there are a couple reasons why there are posts about the price:

1. The person selling the van didn't make the original post. I would almost never comment on someone's van price if it was the actual van owner trying to sell it on here. Most other people probably feel the same.

2. The price dropped $76k... There is overpriced and then there is that. It is like an entirely different tier. Sure there is no purpose in commenting on it but it is such a dramatic price drop that it draws attention. I apologize if that comes off as rude.
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:42 PM   #16

Had a conversation with the owner today... that ad in the link is a scam.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:37 PM   #17

If it was first-offered at $90K with reasonable offers considered, I could see that... It would be close to what it would cost someone else to build something similar.

GLWS.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:31 AM   #18
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Sorry I don't see where my post was a dig. He dumped the price and like I said someone will get a hell of a van and I also said you couldn't rebuild for that price... so again I don't feel that's cheeky. But that's just me...
I figure I should clarify a few things about the last post I made on this sale… when I said more realistic, this was a poor choice of words on my part. I didn’t mean to state this van is worth it’s asking price… I saw the price drop (that turns out it’s a scam) and thought someone should jump on it… since most people that are going to be doing a 4x4 sprint and be looking at 100-110k for a van/build & could get a way better build quality and who doesn’t want a good deal and a more capable 4x4! After re-reading my post and talking with a few people about it I didn’t intend to Devalue MG’s brand, that was never my intent… I realize now that someone may take it that I was saying MG’s builds aren’t worth the same as Outside van, or the like in the bespoke van builders world that build high quality vans. I actually feel his builds are of the highest quality and you be hard pressed to find some who has the same build quality, and attention to detail than his builds. So hopefully that clears up where I sit… My sincerest apologies to MG.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #19

Quote:
I figure I should clarify a few things about the last post I made on this sale… when I said more realistic, this was a poor choice of words on my part. I didn’t mean to state this van is worth it’s asking price… I saw the price drop (that turns out it’s a scam) and thought someone should jump on it… since most people that are going to be doing a 4x4 sprint and be looking at 100-110k for a van/build & could get a way better build quality and who doesn’t want a good deal and a more capable 4x4! After re-reading my post and talking with a few people about it I didn’t intend to Devalue MG’s brand, that was never my intent… I realize now that someone may take it that I was saying MG’s builds aren’t worth the same as Outside van, or the like in the bespoke van builders world that build high quality vans. I actually feel his builds are of the highest quality and you be hard pressed to find some who has the same build quality, and attention to detail than his builds. So hopefully that clears up where I sit… My sincerest apologies to MG.
Thank you for clarifying. I appreciate that you took the time to write this.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:03 PM   #20
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Like Classic Car refurbishes....the HOURLY work needed/completed never seems to be fully added onto the price b/c they are a build of love/hobby for them...yes they resell (sometimes just a sign but won't take any offers, lol) but whoever built this Rig is a master! I LOVE my SMBNorth build, but if I would have ran into this dude in '13....I would be driving around one of his builds lolol! A one-off HAS TO BE so much better built b/c of the attention it can be given and no van(s) in the production line backing up completion dates...well done Sir, well done!!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote