Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2020, 07:32 PM   #1

2014 E350 V10 EB 4x4 built to the MAX!

Remember I posted about this van just after finishing the interior...

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ild-24582.html

It is now for sale. (note... I do not have a stake in this sale. The owner asked me to post a link here and answer any questions since he's not very active on social media or forums).

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...049122510.html

I know this van well. I spent a lot of time in, around, under and on top of it. I've been over every square inch of the van and can assure anyone that it is in tip-top shape. The van was very clean to start with and no expense was spared building it out. One thing that isn't mentioned in the ad is that the entire van has been sound-deadened and insulated using products from Cascade Audio Engineering and 3M (thinsulate). It is quiet as a church inside driving down the highway.

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Team

Less than 34,000 miles? That's a shame. Gorgeous rig though.

Herb
Old 01-04-2020, 06:25 PM   #3

Gee, it's a shame that after all the time and money spent on this van, the owner didn't get the chance to use it much. It should make a new owner very happy.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Gee, it's a shame that after all the time and money spent on this van, the owner didn't get the chance to use it much. It should make a new owner very happy.
Yeah, but I get it. I’d part with all of my vehicles (except my squarebodies...no one is touching my Chevy trucks!!!) if it meant a larger shop.

Whoever the new owner ends up being, they’re going to get an incredible, capable rig. And it’s ready to go right now. No waiting for the build.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:01 AM   #5

Garage
For real?

Am I the only one appalled by the $168,000 price tag? Maybe it's because I live in the midwest but that's insane.
boswellbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:46 PM   #6
MSD

Garage
I'm not appalled at all it comes down to build quality. If it makes you feel any better there is a very select few that will buy afford a van like this... 95% of those that want a van like this can't afford it and will be happy with a 50K van. It's for sure a unique build and the most expensive E Series Overland rig I've seen built.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 01:17 PM   #7

Garage
Ah, I get it

I've suspected for years that I'm too ignorant to understand quality. I'll stay out of it.
boswellbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:28 PM   #8
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
.....Paging Mr. Buffett, Jimmy Buffett
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 02:54 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswellbear View Post
Am I the only one appalled by the $168,000 price tag? Maybe it's because I live in the midwest but that's insane.
I am from So Cal where prices seem to be higher than most places and this seems insane to me. Maybe the price tag is more based off of how much money he needs to buy the commercial property he wants... either way the market will ultimately decide how much it is worth.

The build quality and interior design is very nice but IMO doesn't get close to justifying that price tag. Just for starters, I can't fathom spending that much and walking away with a sportsmobile pop top instead of a CCV pop top. That alone is reason enough to build it new and spend less money. Then there are no window shades, on board propane... things that make no sense to not have given the price tag.
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:47 AM   #10
MSD

Garage
Looks like the price of this van has just gotten a little more realistic from the original price of $168K down to 92K. A $76K discount... some hurry - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...?fref=mentions
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote