Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #1

95 2wd High Top SMB

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... e&ad_cid=3

Voyager Hardtop; 5.8L V8, 4-speed automatic w/overdrive; A/C, PW, PL, cruise tilt; propane heater; Onan 2.8 generator; electric heat and hot water; rear StarCool A/C; microwave; electric cooktop; 2-way refrigerator; shower, and marine toilet w/holding tanks. Excellent condition inside and out; 135K highway miles

435-901-0013

A little background: I've met the seller before. He lives down the street. Great guy. He flips Sportsmobile's as a hobby. I have no idea where he finds them though because the last 4 he's flipped I have never seen for sale before him and I look at all the avenues multiple times a day. I don't think he's willing to give up his secret either...

Old 11-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #2

Garage
Re: 95 2wd High Top SMB

Pretty sure that rig is this one from October 19th.
Was listed for $4950 out of Flagstaff, AZ.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=14786

Had 134K on it at the time. Which rounds out to about what would make 135K (as your posted listing shows) by the time it was driven back to Salt Lake.

It sold FAST.
Quite the flip profit if your acquaintance sells it now for close to his $18.5K asking price....

Sharp/savvy/quick business sense, your neighbor!
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #3

Garage

By the way ---

Hey, this just occurred to me:

Wanted to say "sorry" if anyone (at all) felt that my last reply to this post came off, in any way, like I was disparaging your friend/neighbor for his large mark-up on the SMB he's flipping, or that I was trying to ding his attempts at a sale. Definitely wasn't meant as a dig against the guy. More than anything, I was marveling at the wide spread of personal valuation that people place on these older SMB's when they go to sell them.

Free-market enterprise is a good thing!!!

This latest seller was the quickest "early bird to the worm" on that rig when it sold a month ago, and it was an excellent, WAY-below-market price buy. So of course gotta wish him well in doing well on the re-sale. He apparently is diligent, knows a good buy, does his homework, and is committed to the process. From the sound of things, if he does this as a regular hobby, then he knows these SMB's well....and I'm sure he goes through them pretty thoroughly before passing them along for sale, so he is indeed adding value. All good stuff.

That said, I will admit:
I'm kind of bummed knowing that there's speculators who see the SMB market (as well as any other limited resource, like good housing out here in SoCal) as a place to jump into for flips and make quick money.....but that's economics. But on the plus side.....a certain percentage of "flippers" in the market DOES help "preserve" the overall value of our older SMB's, so there's yet another positive element.

At the end of the day:
I think most of us hope for these well-preserved older SMB's to be financially accessible....and end up, at a reasonable price, in the hands of people who truly appreciate them and will use them/maintain them, and just in general keep them "out there" doing what they were built for.

More cool people in more SMB's of all vintages = more SMB family out there to connect with and enjoy this all together.

Cheers ---
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #4

Solid points totally agree.