Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #1

Garage
A dollar per mile! Clean/low-mile EB

No affiliation. Seems like a bunch of clean / low-mile rigs coming out of the woodwork lately!

Thought this was great. Same mileage on the rig as the asking price -
27,279 original miles for $27,279.

This one looks like it might be a kinda-similar layout to GCVT's EB.

------------------------------------------------------

2002 SPORTSMOBILE 19

https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Cor...e-19-122642429

Condition: Used
Year: 2002
Make: Sportsmobile
Model: 19
Class: Class B
Mileage: 27,279
Fuel Type: NONE
Stock Number: C23883
Sleeping Capacity: 2
Air Conditioners: 1
Length: 19
Water Capacity: 41-50

2002 Sportsmobile 19, 2002 Sportsmobile 19 Conversion.Pop up top,refer,gas stove,fold down seats for bed.Converted by Sportsmobile West.Good value and paint a very nice silver.Well taken care of unit.

------------------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:07 PM   #2

Damn....that thing is clean.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 PM   #3

Interesting. Kind of an EB50 kitchen setup in a EB10'ish layout. I'd like to see the 41-50 gallon water tank.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #4
Site Team

A dollar per mile is an interesting way to look at it. A more disturbing way is less than 2000 miles per year. What a waste.

As for the rig itself, as others have said it is clean. A removable captain's seat could be placed behind the passenger seat.

Herb
Old 07-18-2017, 10:36 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
A dollar per mile is an interesting way to look at it. A more disturbing way is less than 2000 miles per year. What a waste.

Herb
It's sad ain't it? All I can think is a lot of these get bought brand-new by optimistic-to-go-wander retired folks, but then life somehow intervenes and prevents them from traveling as much as they thought they were going to.

And these vans must be really hard to let go of, even when it's obvious you're not going to be able to use it the way you hoped. What these vans ~represent~ to many people is as powerful as what the van's actually are/do....and that ideal they give to many people is a feeling of youthful independence and freedom.

The guy I bought my van from bawled like a baby when we picked it up from him. He and his wife had long decided that they were of an age that they needed something more roomy and comfortable to travel in (they'd gotten a sizable trailer to pull behind their Jeep Grand Cherokee), but he really didn't want to let this go. He still took occasional short trips in it solo over to the coastline to pop the top and have some tea. By his wife insisted it was time to let it go....so we benefitted. Man that breakfast we shared with him on the morning we picked the van up was rough though. Lots of stories from him about the trips they'd taken, the repairs, the awesomeness of that van.

I bought him breakfast and got his photo in front of the van just before he drove off in his Jeep. I got a hug from him and he started to cry again. I really felt for him....can't imagine what that day will feel like when it's my turn someday to do the same, and let a good freedom machine go to the next owner.

Or....alternatively....as Herb is saying --- maybe someone bought this 27,000-mile rig and just sat on it....lost interest....parked it with their other toys to gather dust.

Either way --- this thing's long overdue to get out there and start making some miles and adventures.
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #6

Called the dealership. It sold within hours. Maybe the new buyer will get more out of it.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
Called the dealership. It sold within hours. Maybe the new buyer will get more out of it.
No surprise.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote