Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-08-2021, 12:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 19
??Big off road Tires 4x4 SMB??

Hi everyone,

Mine is a 2013 E-350 Gas V-10 with SMB 4x4 which I believe will be 4.10:1. The van also has an agile off road RIP kit with Fox 2.0's all around. Recently got a flat on the trail and likely will be needing new tires all around soon.

My question is what is the biggest tire you all have run without rub and without having to consider re-gearing?
__________________

Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 1,326
Has an Agile RIP kit, so is it safe to assume a Quigley 4x4 conversion?

Do you tow? Re-gearing comes sooner to those that tow.
__________________

Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:43 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampswrx View Post
Has an Agile RIP kit, so is it safe to assume a Quigley 4x4 conversion?

Do you tow? Re-gearing comes sooner to those that tow.
Bought it used. The conversion was done by Sportsmobile. Do they use Quigly for their 4x4 conversion?

I will tow about twice per year.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 04:56 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA
Posts: 1,326
Sportsmobile has their own 4x4 set up. Quigley is different. They convert Quigley vans though.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #5
REF
Senior Member
 
REF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boulder, CO.
Posts: 2,165
Send a message via MSN to REF
Whatís your current tire size?
You can run 285/75/16 without rubbing on a Quigley 4X4 and without any trimming, 315ís will fit with minor trimming, I moved my axle forward using adjustable torque arms, but the SMB 4X4 is a different animal, you have leaf springs up front?
__________________
'03 Ford E350 7.3L Diesel
(de)SMB'd Custom RB-50
Quigley 4X4 w/Deavers & Agile Offroad's R.I.P. package
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 07:24 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by REF View Post
Whatís your current tire size?
You can run 285/75/16 without rubbing on a Quigley 4X4 and without any trimming, 315ís will fit with minor trimming, I moved my axle forward using adjustable torque arms, but the SMB 4X4 is a different animal, you have leaf springs up front?
Yes I have leaf springs in the front.
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:39 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 393
Most 4x4 fords can run a 35" tire without other mods.
Generally you need 5 to 6" lift
For 35s and a 8" lift for 37s.
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:50 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Twoxentrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Posts: 2,130
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Bought it used. The conversion was done by Sportsmobile. Do they use Quigly for their 4x4 conversion?

I will tow about twice per year.
Do you have one or two sticks?
Sportsmobile would have used the Atlas II Transfer case = 2 Sticks (one for front & one for the rear)
Quigly = 1 stick
__________________
TwoXentrix
"AWOL"
Twoxentrix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:07 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
Most 4x4 fords can run a 35" tire without other mods.
Generally you need 5 to 6" lift
For 35s and a 8" lift for 37s.
Thank you!
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 07:09 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Santa Cruz CA
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Do you have one or two sticks?
Sportsmobile would have used the Atlas II Transfer case = 2 Sticks (one for front & one for the rear)
Quigly = 1 stick
I have 2 sticks.
__________________

Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Sportsmobile Registry

SilVan

dhally

My Van

bfolens
Add your Sportsmobile
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×