Yes, it felt shady listing and didn't feel legit but I had to check it out anyway since it was on my way to work. Also being a noob and never seen 7.3 in person I had to check out 7.3.
Here is what I know about the van afterward which is very different than CL listing.
1. Van is on 4th owner now. Current owner owned it just 2 months. Owner complains it's too big thus selling it.
2. Prior to the current owner, it was owned by 3 Corporations previously.
3. Mileage in CL is totally wrong. I didn't get to verify dash mileage since I didn't have an access to VIN number. According to CarFax, it's estimating over 600k as of date. In just first 3 years, it clock'ed at 250k and another 250k in next 5 years. So over 500k in a total of just 8 years.
4. There is a lot more body scratches not pictured in CL.
5. Carfax lists less than dozen maintenance records.
6. Good parts: No smoke, no leaks, and sounded great to me. I'm no expert though.
Given above points, I don't think it's worth $3800 even if it's mighty 7.3. Am I wrong? What do you guys think it's worth? Looking back I should have test drove it but I got a little bit scared.
Attaching pictures for viewing pleasures.