Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #1

Garage
Clean '95 RB30 - San Luis Obispo - $16k

Can't help it, I keep digging 'em up.....hunting Craigslist daily for vans and SMB's is a hobby/vice of mine

*** Not mine / No affiliation ***

Looks good.
Dig the color.

---------------------------------------------

1995 Sportsmobile Van - Ford E250 - $16000 (SLO)

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/4724176256.html

Up for sale is our 1995 Sportsmobile. This is a Class B RV based on a Ford E250 chassis. The van has a rock solid 5.8 liter V8 and Ford AOD transmission. The RB30 layout with penthouse top and bed is a great layout that offers access to the entire van. The lower bench/bed has 3 seat belts and when folded out, will sleep 2 comfortably. The upper penthouse (pop top) sleeps 2 as well. With the top up, there is approximately 6 ft 8 inches of standing room.

The driver and passenger seats swivel to the rear which is great for beach days and the campground. The van is in excellent shape and is ready to go on its next adventure. Brakes and tires are pretty new and the transmission was rebuilt by the previous owner. Every appliance works as it should.

The van is loaded with amenities and appliances. There is a 9 gallon water tank and a grey water tank, sink with electric water pump, propane stove and furnace, refrigerator (DC/AC), lights throughout the entire van, microwave oven, power inverter, hookups for water and electric, and tons of storage.

More pics at http://share.shutterfly.com/view/flashS ... zbsmuRIGHT

Please email me with any questions. These Sportsmobiles are hard to find in this price range. Asking $16,000 obo

---------------------------------------------

MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:12 PM   #2

Re: Clean '95 RB30 - San Luis Obispo - $16k

Eb30... Is that a goucho? I only see an RB30 ( http://www.sportsmobile.com/1_std-rb-plans.html )

Nobody should by that van simply because they're using Flash to show their photos, so I can't see it from my phone ;-)

If only this were forward facing seating (kids car seats), it would be my van. Gah!
ipvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipvirus
Eb30... Is that a goucho? I only see an RB30 ( http://www.sportsmobile.com/1_std-rb-plans.html )
I can't read :-p ... They did say RB30.

Goodnight
ipvirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #4

Hey guys, this is mine. Wanted to try and list it locally before posting it on here. If anyone is interested, let me know. I can go through everything I've done to it.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer
Hey guys, this is mine. Wanted to try and list it locally before posting it on here. If anyone is interested, let me know. I can go through everything I've done to it.
The soap dispenser is only half full. Geez! Good luck
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:43 PM   #6

Garage

What's your total odometer mileage on that rig?
Old 10-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #7

I think its at 122,xxx.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:53 PM   #8

Garage

Great looking SMB for the price, IMHO!

If I hadn't bought my (very similar) '95 RB30 in July, I'd be hunting you down with my checkbook (or cash....or dubloons, whatever currency/precious metal/agreed unit of value you prefer....)

In contrast to yours, which looks well-sorted-out and up-to-date on all of its maintenance....mine ended up needing all sorts of nickel-and-dime items....and I'm not done yet. Tires. Shocks. Alignment (wayyyy off.) Brakes, all around. ABS Controller Rebuild. Plumbing work. Roof canvas still needs some repairs. (If you or anyone else knows of a great place in SoCal/Orange County area that does quality repairs to the penthouse roofs, I'd be greatly indebted btw.) The $13.5K I paid didn't end up being just $13.5K by the time I got to where I am now, and I'm still not done pouring in the Benjamins....

The 5.8 seems like a pretty damn durable engine. A rebuilt transmission like you've got is a definite plus, I hear the E4OD transmissions (from the factory) often need a going-through (and an update of some sort?) at some point, long before the engine ever will. Very compelling SMB you're selling. If you'd been selling back in July.....'nuff said.

Just my humble opinion: For a nicely-kept machine like yours --- the $16k seems like a very fair asking price.

Didn't you acquire this particular SMB only about a year ago or so?
Old 10-21-2014, 03:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer
Great looking SMB for the price, IMHO!

If I hadn't bought my (very similar) '95 RB30 in July, I'd be hunting you down with my checkbook (or cash....or dubloons, whatever currency/precious metal/agreed unit of value you prefer....)

In contrast to yours, which looks well-sorted-out and up-to-date on all of its maintenance....mine ended up needing all sorts of nickel-and-dime items....and I'm not done yet. Tires. Shocks. Alignment (wayyyy off.) Brakes, all around. ABS Controller Rebuild. Plumbing work. Roof canvas still needs some repairs. (If you or anyone else knows of a great place in SoCal/Orange County area that does quality repairs to the penthouse roofs, I'd be greatly indebted btw.) The $13.5K I paid didn't end up being just $13.5K by the time I got to where I am now, and I'm still not done pouring in the Benjamins....

The 5.8 seems like a pretty damn durable engine. A rebuilt transmission like you've got is a definite plus, I hear the E4OD transmissions (from the factory) often need a going-through (and an update of some sort?) at some point, long before the engine ever will. Very compelling SMB you're selling. If you'd been selling back in July.....'nuff said.

Just my humble opinion: For a nicely-kept machine like yours --- the $16k seems like a very fair asking price.

Didn't you acquire this particular SMB only about a year ago or so?

Sell yours and buy mine!

We bought this SMB almost exactly a year ago because my wife and I wanted to start camping and take weekend trips. We have only been able to go on a few camping trips (I think 4 or 5) in the last year since its hard for us to both have a weekend off, so it hasn't really been getting as much use as we'd like. The SMB has been a great vehicle for us and I've been hesitant on putting it up for sale over the last couple of months but I also have a 2005 E350 that I can build a sleeping platform for, so we can still take a van camping.

This van is very clean and really doesn't need anything that I can think of. I had the cruise control recall performed when I bought the van so it has the new switch on it.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #10

I updated the pics in the CL ad. If someone on this forum is interested, the price for forum members will be better than CL folks. Also, if a forum member buys this SMB, I will donate $100 to the site.

Mods- would it be redundant to post an ad in the members classifieds section?